“Excellent even for long stays” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #14 of 202 Hotels in Pune
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent even for long stays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We have been staying here for three months already as part of a business trip in one of the serviced apartments and we love it.

The location of the hotel is good. It's not in the centre of Pune but the city centre and all attractions are easily accessible via taxi or auto. Most of the business areas are nearby, which is presumably the reason for the location. It is conveniently located near the airport but there is bizarrely no airport noise. It is also very close to Phoenix mall for shopping, restaurants and cinema, and there is a free shuttle to both provided by the hotel.

We are staying in the basic one-bedroom apartment but it is perfectly adequate even for two people. The kitchen facilities are good, bedroom and storage is ample and the bathroom is a good size. If only I had a bath it would be perfect! The accommodation is comfortable, furnishings new and, once the curtains are shut, it's really very quiet. We get a good night's sleep every night. We have housekeeping twice a week, though daily replenishing of water and towels. After a couple of weeks, housekeeping started giving us 6 instead of 4 bottles of water, which I assume mean they noticed we were using them all quickly. We have access to all the hotel facilities, including room service, which is reasonably priced.

The hotel facilities overall are good. The bar is very comfortable, though of course quite expensive. There is an Italian restaurant, which is very good and has the occasional theme evening, and another restaurant serving Indian and mixed foods, which is okay though we haven't visited often. The pool, spa and gym are all impeccable.

The breakfast buffet is one of the best we have had in India, and we've stayed in a few more "5 star" hotels around the country. There is a really good choice and everything is fresh. There are clear labels and a couple of live cooking stations. I can't think of anything missing, within reason, though some gluten free bread wouldn't go amiss.

Of course, the real positive here is the staff, who are always friendly, smiling and happy to help. It's nice on a long business trip to see a friendly face at the end of the day and we certainly get that. Security is tight but not over-bearing. Of course there are the occasional requests forgotten or mistaken (getting a wake-up call one day early was a highlight!) but this is all to be expected in a large hotel with a lot of guests, and I've never had any complaint about the service here. Special mention to Sunish and Edlyn at the apartment reception, and Rohan and Priyanka in the restaurant and bar.

Overall this has been a lovely stay. We will be here another two weeks, though may be back in the future and would have no problem in staying here again. Would recommend it, at least for the apartments.

Room Tip: Serviced apartments are good value
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have shared your comments with the entire team through our communication channel. The team was indeed very happy and motivated.
We are happy to learn that your are enjoying your stay at the apartment. I thank you for commenting on the various services being provided. I would like to specially mention that safety and security or our guests and tenants are of utmost importance to us and as a company its our pledge. Please accept my apologies on wake up call. I shall discuss with the team to be more careful and sensitive.
I sincerely thank you for this feedback. the entire team is happy to be at your service and make your stay a truly memorable experience. We thank you once again for patronizing us.
+919158893004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I had issues right since the time I made reservations. The hotel staff who answered the call wasn't aware about the hotel to transferred it to someone else, who further transferred to someone else. This went on till I asked for the manager and get things sorted.

We stayed in the 1 bedroom apartments. The service in general was extremely slow and below the mark. When we called for food in our room it took a minimum of 45 minutes even for 1 sandwich. Also, the food that we got (pizza, sandwich) was very cold. Punjabi food was good though.

During the breakfast there was a chaos. Less staff added to their woes. There was confusion everywhere. They didn't even take our room numbers. Breakfast was not included in our room rates!

On the whole, the property is good but pathetic service and untrained staff. Never going there back again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have shared your comments with regard to food and service with Chef and Director Food and Beverage. Please be rest assured that necessary steps will be taken from all aspects to ensure all our patrons are happy. I have also alerted our central reservation team on you feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for this.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Hmm, how do I start? Firstly, the behaviour of the staff. It's excellent. Breakfast buffet has one of the largest spread that I have ever had. Housekeeping is excellent and the room service too! I tried my best to find an area of opportunity but couldn't find any. This hotel rocks!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have shared your comments with the entire team which is indeed very motivating. I shall be very happy to meet you in person on your next visit. I have shared your comments on breakfast with the entire food and beverage and culinary team. Please let me know whenever you decide to visit us again. We thank you once again for patronizing us.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

The hotel is a comfort in all aspects , well maintained and helpful staff. I must say the Spa located in the hotel deserves special accolades in terms of the service , ambience and treatment. Dr. Dinesh was helpful to guide me through the array of treatments available best suited for me. Thank for the rejuvenating expereince.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have shared your comments with the entire team which is indeed very motivating. I have shared your feedback with Dr. Dinesh. Thank you for the same.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I stayed for three nights in serviced apartment with family. Absolute comfort in all respect. Very good location, perfectly maintained property with very good security. Hotel staff is highly supportive and they have taken care of us.
Breakfast is having very wide varieties to choose from and we enjoyed it every morning. I must admire the staff for managing weekend heavy rush very efficiently without compromising comfort of guests.

I have only one suggestion to management. Please provide one tab a day for dish washer and washing machine. Guests on vacation will not buy a full pack of dish washer and washing machine for stay of two three nights. Or make it available on desk at nominal cost.

Room Tip: Please carry your own hair dryer, dish washer tabs, and washing machine detergent.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have shared your comments with regard to food and service with Chef and Director Food and Beverage. The entire team was indeed very happy and motivated.
We have noted your comment of dishwasher tablet and shall discuss in an appropriate forum
and need be shall streamline the deployment process. I sincerely thank you for this feedback. I shall be very happy to meet you in person on your next visit. Please let me know whenever you decide to visit us again. We thank you once again for patronizing us.
mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I had booked this hotel for 2nights in August 2014....with my family.booking with them was comfortable..no issues...the check in took a bit longer time as the rooms were getting cleaned.our room was on the second floor with a balcony....rooms are superb up to hyatt standards....big bathroom and equipped with all amenities.the breakfast is superb with lot of choices to suit everyone....the chefs are very quick and courteous....I loved the gym....superbly made with latest equipments.I enjoyed the health club and the staff there is very cooperative.Again spa lovers would have a great time...the spa area is huge and has many room options.But compared to the hotel and other facilities...I felt the pool to be very small and not up to the mark as it is the only attraction for kids.And the smell of chlorine was not bearable.
The location of hotel is very good....just next to Novotel ,ibis and phoenix mall.just a suggestion from my side....in such a huge hotel....there should be a kids play area....there are no activities kids can do accept the pool.And there should be free wifi facility for the guest. .Rest a good hotel to stay in....good staff..hygiene....no issues.Would love to go again .thankyou for making my holiday and my sons birthday special.

Room Tip: If u want a balcony take second floor rooms.....
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Guest,
We have taken a note of all your points with regard to chlorine level, play area, WIFI which has been discussed in an appropriate forum.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Lovely centrally located hotel. Excellent rooms and one of the best spa experiences i had. Food quality was ok not that really great and service at the buffet breakfast was not up to the mark. but overall a worth staying hotel, might go back just cause of it nice and lovely suite rooms and spa.

Room Tip: Go for the Suite Room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have shared your comments with regard to food and service with Chef and Director Food and Beverage. They shall definitely address the same and accept my apologies for not an excellent experience over this criteria. Our SPA colleagues are indeed very happy and motivated post reading your comments. I shall be very happy to meet you in person on your next visit. Please let me know whenever you decide to visit us again. We thank you once again for patronizing us.
+919158893004

Been to Hyatt Regency Pune? Share your experiences!