“Good Hotel for Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 203 Hotels in Pune
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel for Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights at the Regency Hyatt in May on a business trip and had a very comfortable stay. The room was well appointed...but close to the Main Street so could hear some of the traffic....remember in India the use of a horn is mandatory...or at least it seems that way(!). The bed was comfortable and the bathroom large with a rain shower separate to the tub....and nice toiletries.

The breakfast was really good with a wide selection of western and Indian food available. I particularly liked the freshly made pancakes :)

The gym is really well equipped with bottled water and towels...

Staff were extremely polite and attentive throughout my stay.

There is a shopping mall really close by which has a converse shop....best value converse at a third of the price you pay in the UK

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper get a room as far away from the Main Street as possible.
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted that you were disturbed by the road sine noise. I request you to mail me separately upon your next visit and I shall ensure that a quiet room is blocked for you. We are indeed very happy that you enjoyed your breakfast experience with us. Your comments with regard to staff appreciation has been shared in an appropriate forum. I shall be very happy to meet you in person on your next visit. Please let me know whenever you decide to visit us again. We thank you once again for patronizing us.
+919158893004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Solapur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was staying in a hotel in Pune 2 june to 4 June .The Hotel is beautiful & good choices of Veg break fast.The Breakfast was fantastic.Great views beautiful pune.Barring this is a perfect strategic location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are indeed very happy that you enjoyed your breakfast experience with us. I shall be very happy to meet you in person on your next visit. Please let me know whenever you decide to visit us again. We thank you once again for patronizing us.
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Hyatt Regency in Pune is located very conveniently close to Pune airport and automotive business hub. The proximity of airport will help a traveller to reach fast less than 30 minues after a late night flight. This is really a great advantage considering the fact that most of the night flights from other cities arrive in Pune late night. The property is well mantained and service is professional with very reasonable charges. Break fast is refreshing and with a variety. Only one issue I noticed is the poor maintenance of electrical switches in the rooms. Brocken switches are common and complanits to Guest services related to this are not found to be attended promptly.
Barring this this a perfect destination for abusiness traveller with its strategic location to airport and business districts offering a safe,peaceful stay suting to most of the visitors budget.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the highway will give a clear open view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your compliments on a well maintained property and also your breakfast experience at Hyatt Regency Pune. However we have made a note on your valuable feedback and an area to improve and self along with Director of Engineering and House keeping manager will shortly have a plan in place to rectify the electrical switches.
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was staying in a hotel in Pune when my colleagues brought me here for dinner, I moved my accomodations the next day. The hotel is beautiful and the food was fantastic. Great views of beautiful Pune as well.

Room Tip: Get a high room overlooking the radio tower park.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.I shall indeed be very happy to meet you in person on your next visit. Please let me know whenever you decide to visit us again. We thank you once again for patronizing us.
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a overnight trip to Pune. It is very close to the airport and its an advantage for travelers.

The room was spacious and well maintained. Good choices for breakfast. Had a la carta lunc next day and the food was also good.

I was a bit irritated with the services which were not rendered appropriately. Had given feedback and i hope they will try to fix it going into the future.

Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest,
I shall indeed be very happy to meet you in person on your next visit. I shall also be happy to address all your concerns and take necessary measure and for this may I request you to pen down to me or call me on below mentioned hand phone number. I shall ensure you carry back always fond memories of Hyatt Regency Pune.
We thank you once again for patronizing us.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed two times in Hyatt Regencey , Pune. And i enjoyed a lot . Hotel staff is very good and cooperative. Ambience is very nice . I recommend to plan your trip to pune then stay in Hyatt Regencey Pune.

Thanks
Kamal Gautam

Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
I shall indeed be very happy to met you in person. On your next visit please drop in a line of e mail or call me directly. I shall ensure that the team is consistent and your stay is always great.
We thank you once again for patronizing us.
Ashish Kumar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Was in Pune for an event that was hosted here.

Tremendous Hotel in terms of fit-out and build quality. Great mix of F&B options and value add ons like an Indoor Pool and a great Spa. Spanking clean and by and large polite staff. The pool even had swimming gear for my kids which makes it very user friendly

The problems are as follows:
Although an international brand, India specs are important and we like our Faucets in the WC area. I was probably right because on two occasions I spotted house keeping running to rooms with buckets and mugs. The shower does not have a spout for testing the water temperature so you will either get a cold shock or hot shock when you turn on the rain shower and there is no room to stand to one side of it. The telephones are tricky to use and have a learning curve. The back panel on mine was hanging off. You will take time to find where the coffee tea makers are hidden. These are mild irritations that could have been avoided with better planning at project stage.

But the shocker was this. My parents room did not have the Mugs and coffee Tea sachets in the room and I called room service. They said I should speak to Housekeeping. Housekeeping asked me to speak to room service. They sent some crockery from the restaurant because they were not the in-room mugs that were in my room. Does not matter. I assumed that the room was made ready in a hurry. But the next day the story was the same. They did not replenish the brewing station and again no mugs and coffee Tea sachets. Again I was sent back and forth between departments. I mean these things are ambiguous on whose responsibility it is. Is the Guest supposed to know? I sent some replenishment from my room and my parents were sipping coffee from the rinsing glasses provided in the toilets. I thought this was rather odd situation even after bringing it to their attention.

The food was not remarkable at the lobby cafe restaurant and Banquets and certainly not something to go back for. Did not try the specialty restaurants.

Service is generally slow. 20 mins average for things like bell boys, replenishment etc. i'm not speaking about room service. The hotel was very full so perhaps we should cut some slack.

Check in and Check out were smooth and fast.

It was a comfortable stay no doubt. Not necessarily memorable except for the event itself.

Room Tip: The views are pretty much the same. You can either look into the central driveway or the neighbors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to understand that that your like the hotel and your check in and check out experience but there were certain service issues which we could not live up to it. Do accept my sincere apologies for the lapse of services. I have discussed your comment personally with the house keeping manager and the team down the line and have expressed my concern and I completely agree that we cannot go wrong in basics. I have discussed the food part personally with executive chef . Please be rest assured that we have taken your comments seriously and shall take all necessary measures to ensure all our patrons carry back fond memories.
Please do write back to me directly for all your future visit or you may call me directly on my hand phone number mentioned below. I shall be happy to personally assist you.
We thank you once again for patronizing us. I look forward to personally welcome you soon.
Ashish Kumar
+919158893004

Been to Hyatt Regency Pune? Share your experiences!