“Review for The Cafe at the Hyatt Regency, Pune” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #13 of 203 Hotels in Pune
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Review for The Cafe at the Hyatt Regency, Pune”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The buffet spread was great. The starters were delicious. The desserts were excellent. The Stracciatella ice cream was great. Even the other ice-creams were excellent especially since they were fresh and made in-house.
The options in main course were few. There were no options in Continental or Italian fare. I would have loved to see some pastas or baked vegetables.
The service was poor. You literally had to keep looking for someone who would be there to serve you. Only 3 servers were available for the dinner buffet. So, its not their fault they couldn't keep up with the restaurant. Its something the management must look into.
The water wouldn't be refilled. One starter was not served. They forgot two of our main course orders from the live station. The Phad Thai Noodles were the worst i've ever eaten. They tasted like flat noodles in sweet sauce. There were no crushed peanuts in them. When we asked the server about it, they added salted peanuts (presumably taken from the bar counter) and served it to us.
Overall, the ambience and the desserts made up for everything else. A place I would surely visit again. But hopes will always be for better service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, February 18, 2014

I would like to thank you for your online comments on Trip Advisor.

I have gone through your comments in details with the Food and beverage Team. We have discussed the same in detail.

We completely agree that in this stance we failed to live up to your expectation rather exceed it. I request you to accept my humble and sincere apologies. I would like to convey it to you that we honor voice of customer and this is how we can look back to our deployed processes and take corrective measures which shall help us not only meet our guests expectations which is seamless and intuitive

I shall be happy to assist you in person whenever you decide to visit us again in near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Ashish Kumar (9158893004)
Director of Rooms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

It is best hotel in pune to stay. Located in good locality and great connectiity. Excellent food. Excellent rooms. Hyatt also have good loyalty program like hyatt gold. Excellent room rate with high qulaity hotel and great food and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for your online comments on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to learn that you overall enjoyed the services and facilities.Your valued comments have been discussed in detail with the entire team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hi friends me & my family had planned a short trip to pune so that we could celebrate New Years Eve out of Mumbai. We saw a few hotels here & there on the net & short listed this hotel for our stay. We were in all two adults along with our two kids. we arrived at the hotel lobby & asked them to give us a twin room but they suggested us to take an apartment room which was In fact a very beautiful room& perfect for our family. Earlier we had decide to stay there for just for two day but after checking in & seeing the room my family insisted me to stay for another two day which later I did. This hotel is one of the finest properties in terms of service, food, ambiance, cleanliness etc every thing was up to the mark. We celebrated New Year's Eve at this hotel & the party was spectacularly well organized with in house food, music & drinks we all had an amazing time. Will plan another stay at this hotel for my next trip & would definitely recommend others to do so.

Room Tip: Try Stay at the Apartment Rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed here for work. This was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Large rooms with everything you need. Had a bath and separate shower. Comfy bed. Service was incredible from the moment we arrived. Then there was the breakfast buffet. I've never seen a wider range of options to choose from. That is, until I tried the dinner buffet! Highly recommended. The only thing would be to check if the location is suitable for whatever you're doing, as this place isn't in the centre of Pune. Overall, outstanding value for a travelling Australian.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Hi friends me & my family had planned a short trip to pune so that we could celebrate New Years Eve out of Mumbai. We saw a few hotels here & there on the net & short listed this hotel for our stay. We were in all two adults along with our two kids. we arrived at the hotel lobby & asked them to give us a twin room but they suggested us to take an apartment room which was In fact a very beautiful room& perfect for our family. Earlier we had decide to stay there for just for two day but after checking in & seeing the room my family insisted me to stay for another two day which later I did. This hotel is one of the finest properties in terms of service, food, ambience, cleanliness etc every thing was up to the mark. We celebrated New Year's Eve at this hotel & the party was spectacularly well organised with in house food, music & drinks we all had an amazing time. Will plan another stay at this hotel for my next trip & would definitely recommend others to do so.

• Stayed December 2013

I would like to thank you for your online comments on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with on on the new year eve rather extended the same.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We attended the Gatsby party for NYE at Hyatt. We got a packaged deal and also booked a room for the night. It came with an offer of late checkout which was very welcome. The rooms are spacious and nicely lit. The bathrooms are also good however i feel the bath can be positioned in a better manner so that it avoids spill. The party was good, the buffet was good. it had a nice mix of different cuisines. The drinks were a bit underwhelming. while booking they quoted Chivas as a whisky but they served 100 pipers. Also the options for other drinks viz. Rum, Vodka etc was not up to the mark as we expected. They had 3 DJs for the party but it only got into the groove around midnight when the 3rd Dj hit the deck. He was very good. Overall a delightful experience but a could have been better

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your online comments on Trip Advisor.

I have noted your feedback about spirits during New Year eve and be rest assured the same shall be seriously looked upon. Accept my sincere apologies for the same.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed for a day. checked in the afternoon and had a late check out next day. Nice property, beautifully done, well maintained. Excellent room. We had a suite room which was quite spacious and well planned. The breakfast was good. Staff are very pleasing and service is top class. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Director of Rooms.

Been to Hyatt Regency Pune? Share your experiences!