I enjoyed an extensive business stay (8 days) at the Westin in Pune for business. Below is my personal assessment of this wonderful hotel.
WI-FI: The Westin charges for Wi-Fi, and if you're staying on business for as long as we did, the Wi-Fi should be complimentary. Also, even with the paid package, the wireless signal wasn't reliable, so the best way to connect was to hard-wire in your room.
The room keys operate the elevator and the electricity in your room, so it's frustrating when they don't work. I'm not sure if it's the repeated scans going through the metal detector that cause them to malfunction, but on more than one occasion I had to go back to the front desk to have the key re-activated.
Clean Rooms: The rooms at the Westin are immaculate and very modern. The rooms are cleaned daily, and the towels are big, soft and plush.
Beds: The beds/bedding are sheer heaven. It was a pleasure to fall into them each night after a long, hot day and drift to sleep almost immediately.
Baths: A big tub, with a separate shower, so you can choose your favorite. There is a glass wall between the bathroom/main room so if you wish to soak in the tub and watch TV, you can leave the blind up, or drop it for privacy. There are substantial ammenities in case you forget something in the room.
Service: Amazing service! Every request is handled instantly. On our last day, we checked out early before breakfast service began. That was not an issue, so I sat on the couch to wait for my colleagues. The front desk person came to me and said he had called the restaurant and they would welcome me to come right away for breakfast, and they wouldn't take "no" for an answer. They were waiting for me when I arrived and made me feel absolutely welcome and not any trouble at all. How nice!
TV: If you're from the states, the channels are somewhat limited, but there is HBO so you can usually find something to watch.
Security: I've never felt safer. Even hotel vehicles must stop at the main gate for an inspection by guards before being admitted. At the front door, your bags are x-rayed and you must pass through a metal detector and be wanded. Some may find this an inconvenience, but I welcomed the extra security, and it was always performed in a friendly and very professional manner.
Food: The Westin offers 3 restaurants. I visited 2 of them -- Prego and Seasonal Tastes. Seasonal Tastes offers an amazing breakfast buffet and is open 24 hours. The breakfast buffet had pastries, toast, eggs made to order, waffles and pancakes made to order, fresh fruit, juice, milk, cereal, nearly anything you could want. They also offered buffets for other meals during the day. Prego was the hotel's Italian restaurant, and they had a wonderful menu, and the food was terrific. At one meal, I had to visit the ladies' room, and while I was gone our food was delivered to the table. The wait staff immediately took my food back to the kitchen where they could keep it warm until I returned to the table.
Views: The views are a mix of amazing and shocking. The windows are big and you can see a very long way up and down the Mula Mutha River. However, the river is filled with trash, and there is construction going on everywhere. I was on the 8th floor, and on the ground below my window was a construction site. Apparently, one of the large piles of rocks also served as a restroom, as I saw at least two individuals visit the pile and urinate in full view of any guest on that side of the building. I also saw a rickshaw driver pull over to the side of the bridge and dump an entire trash can of garbage over the railing and into the river. How sad, but not any fault of the hotel, more-so the mindset of the culture in India and a lack of infrasturcture to handle trash removal/recycling.
Spa: I had the "Jetlagger" massage while at the Westin, and it was amazing. Mukti provided a very relaxing and enjoyable massage and the pampering there was lovely.
Overall: The hotel is gorgeous inside and out, has amazing service, great food, and phenomenal rooms. If returning to India on business again, I would insist on the Westin.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Pune Koregaon Park Hotel Pune
- The Westin Pune Koregaon Park Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Pune Koregaon Park is an urban oasis of pristine guest rooms and impeccable service located in a lush, green setting along the Mula Mutha River. Located just 5 km from the Pune airport The Westin Pune has 277 rooms, 4 restaurants viz Kangan - Chic Indian Dining, Prego - Fun Italian Dining, Seasonal Tastes - All Day Dining, Daily Treats, a lounge and nightclub, Heavenly Spa by Westin, state-of-the-art Westin Workout gym and 40,000 sq. ft. of banqueting space (indoor and outdoor) ideal for hosting events & weddings. We are the proud hospitality partners for the Rob Schneider Comedy Evening, Bryan Adams concert in Pune, Pitbull Tour in Pune and The Times Food Guide Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Pune Koregaon Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.