“The O(verall) Hotel experience - personal stay vs business visit” 4 of 5 stars

The O Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   North Main Road | Koregaon Park, Pune 411001, India   |
Ranked #24 of 202 Hotels in Pune
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“The O(verall) Hotel experience - personal stay vs business visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The O Hotel in Pune has been a place of stay for frequent business travelers. I have been one of them, having stayed there multiple times and been highly impressed by their service levels. However, this review pertains to that time when I was a guest on personal visit.

Facts first. The O Hotel is perhaps one of the finer hotels I have had the privilege of staying at for multiple times. Being in the heart of the happening Pune city, The O Hotel is very convenient to reach places of interest in short time. Also the location, Koregaon Park Road, offers many options to eat out, hop into a rickshaw to get to the nearest mall and even the very famous German Bakery is at a stone's throw from the hotel.

The rooms are spacious, cleanly maintained and well crafted. I thought the bath tub outside the bathroom was a novel, interesting concept- one which I have come to appreciate over the many times of my stay. The breakfast buffet spread is quite good. I love the sky bar 'Adda' which offers special seating arrangements for couples who would like to supper while dipping their toes into the pool! The spa, gym facilities and the interiors around it are all wonderful.

In my last visit to the hotel as regular, non-business traveler, I found the approach and treatment to be somewhat different. Somehow the points of contact- right from the front desk and the attitude towards the making a very minor change in the reservation- which was to extend the stay by one night- took a lot of effort and persuasion on my part to the point where I insisted to speak to the "manager". While I hate being the nasty traveler, it was absurd a request to do what the front desk personnel asked of my friend and I. "Please use the link sent on your email to update the reservation or pay nearly 20% more if it is to be done by me" - was the statement we heard. Having not carried our laptops, we tried to "update" the reservations through our smartphones. However the mobile internet servers of their site continuously declined all our efforts. As a last resort, we asked if the O Hotel would let us use their computer internet to see if all servers were down - to which there was lot of hesitation on whether to charge us Rs. 200 for the <10 mins job! After I put my foot down saying this wasn't acceptable, somehow, all things got sorted out.

The stay was comfortable, food delightful and the check out was hassle free - but I had to raise a flag at the Hotel on how the treatment was vastly different when I was not a business traveler.
It is still a good hotel if I discount that to be the behavior of the team which attended to us on that day. The rates are quite reasonable for the services offered and the comfort one receives at the end of it all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ms Divya,

I am so very sorry and will personally look into this issue, for us every visitor is precious and there is no reason for change of outlook, maybe one odd day, as all hotels in Pune having major staff turnover with new openings.

Definitely this mix up with your booking and personal anxiety is un-warranted, I personally apologies and will make amend, I do look forward for your continued patronage and thank you for the review, helps us improve,

Regards
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel 2 nights. The rate of the room for single person was reasonable compared to other hotels nearby, considering the quality. Staff were kind and the facilities and decoration of the room were just perfect! Neat, tasteful and convenient, had everything I needed, including free wifi. It was really relaxing after staying in Pune for 1 month. I loved the O!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments, we will look into the suggestions you have on certain aspects and improvise them. We look forward to your continued patronage in the future.

Warm regards,

MD O-Hotels-india
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

O is one of the better hotels in Pune. I swear by Westin always but stay at O was a good change. I stayed up on 7th floor, not too bad a view that.. Room was pretty neat as well.

Smooth check in and check out, friendly staff and a great location of koregaon park make it a great option to stay in pune.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
0h0tel, Managing Director at The O Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your effort to comment on trip advisor, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay, we wish to maintain our guest friendly o hotel mission and will Endeavour to make each stay memorable for you, have a nice day.

Warm Regards

MD ohotelsindia
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My first stay at the O Hotel was indeed a pleasant one...quirky rooms but well that's the fun of it...
prompt service...especially if you want to be staying close to the ashram.

I would definitely suggest improvement in the bathroom area of the room...decent breakfast...and pleasant staff...

take a plunge try 'O'

Room Tip: They have 2 smoking floors I presume so do request if you are one...try the higher floor rooms...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Warm regards,

MD ohotelsindia
bombay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

my stay was good, the room was nice except no lighting in the closet and the staff lacked co ordination , infact to the extent that the restaurant confused me with another guest and without asking wanted me to pay for breaki which was already included in the package, also said that i was sharing the room therefore only one person is entitled to breakfast which was ridiculous as i was a solo guest.the breakfast for vege s had few choices the reception had no clue when i was scheduled to check out and it was a messy episode although the spa was good

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Doctor Rachel,

I am personally looking into your review and I do apologies for any inconvenience, however we will ensure this is not repeated, yes I admit that there is huge staff turnover with many new hotels opening in this city and trained staff are tough to find, never the less, its not an excuse.

Look forward to serve you once again and make the stay pleasant and memorable,

Regards

Managing Director
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I would advise ppl to stay away frm this hotel as much as possible. Horrible experience n atrociously over prised. Food was very bad n ambience super sad. Staff was not prompt at all, plus we also faced power failure problem during our stay. The room key was also not working fr 2 days coz of some technical glitch. Pool was dirty n uncomfortable to swim in.

• Stayed July 2013
0h0tel, Owner at The O Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to connect with you to understand disappointment, do let us have your contact details, I will personally speak to you (chairman@ohotelsindia.com). We are a customer centric hotel and make effort as a constant process to uplift the facilities and experience of all guests. We assure that certain lapses could have happened but we Endeavour to make your next visit a grand experience.

Anil Seolekar
Chairman
Kochi (Cochin), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I would rate this is as the best business hotel in pune. Located in north koragaoun park neighbouring the famous german bakery and a walking distance from many famous and excellent restaurants. The rooms are clean and chic. The breakfast had a decent spread and the pricing was right. The restaurant on the roof top had a good ambience and food. But could have improved on the cleanliness.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to The O Hotel? Share your experiences!