We stayed at the Taj Residency for 4 nights for the sole purpose of seeing the caves at Ajanta and Ellora. It became the food highlight of our 4 weeks away as the service, value , but mostly quality of the food were outstanding. I put this into perspective by saying that our next hotel for 3 nights was the Lake Palace in Udaipur, quite legitimately one of the great hotels of the world. At the Taj Residency, Aurangabad we ate outside in the lovely gardens after the heat of the day had dimmed for each of our 4 nights. The experience was quite magical combined as it was with friendly and knowledgeable waiter service and we often left the choice of dishes to our waiters. In the end it has been one of the best value hotels we have experienced in 40 years of travelling. Its only downside was that it is someway out of town so it is not a walk into the centre, but Aurangabad is not a tourist destination itself but as a base from which to go the the extraordinary caves...unreservedly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moghul-style hotel with central dome, situated on 5 landscaped acres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Vivanta by Taj Aurangabad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Residency Hotel Aurangabad
- Aurangabad Taj Residency Hotel