I was in Aurangabad in July 2008 to see the world famous Ajanta and Ellora Caves, and the incredible Daulatabad Fort. I had a fantastic stay at the Taj Aurangabad. I was allowed to check in at 10:00 AM. Intially was not satisfied with the room, was upgraded without additional cost to a special executive room. I availed the hotel taxi service, which though more expensive, the service was outstanding.
Only thing to note is if you want to buy Himru Shawls dont go to the place where the hotel taxi wallah takes you. Go the to the government run emporium right across from the Indian Airlines building (Air India)/booking office.
I had gone swiming and was suffering from excess chlorine syndrome. The restaurant manager went out of the way to get me cold towels and cucumber slices.
The food at the restaurant was good, dont venture out for eating. Hotel is self sufficient. Met the GM, Mr Ashok and praised the hotel staff and his leadership for running an excellent show.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moghul-style hotel with central dome, situated on 5 landscaped acres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Taj Residency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Residency Hotel Aurangabad
- Aurangabad Taj Residency Hotel