I spent one night at the Taj whilst exploring the caves of Ajanta and Ellora. The hotel is lovely and in beautiful grounds, the rooms are spacious, well maintaned and have a good shower. Check in was very quick and they allowed me in my room at 7am which was greatly appreciated. The breakfast and evening buffets were good and had everything you required, some might feel they are a little basic for a 5* hotel but this is a 5* hotel at 5,000 rupees per night night the Taj in Mubai at 15,000 rupees per night.
The only two negatives for this hotel is around customer experience.
1) From previous reviews there was dancing and music at the hotel in the evening, when I enquired about where to eat I was only directed to the resturants on the lower level where there was no dancing or music it was only once I had gone to bed I could hear this and it was to late for me to go and find out where it was taking place. There is no information in the room as to the facilities of the hotel, this seems to be something that is hit or miss across India but still frustrating.
2) Whilst appreciating this is a 5* hotel so everything comes with 5* prices I enquired about the local tour bus to the caves and after they enquired it was fully and the public bus was busy and dirty so I could take the hotel car at 5,600 to Ajanta and 2,900 to Ellora and other local sites (having travelled round India this was exstremly expensive). I didn't not feel that they were truthful about the bus situation as when I pushed them the office was not actually open yet for them to check. They aparently hold no outside taxi numbers so if you want to get anywhere you have to take their transport or walk to the end of a very long drive to get in a tuk tuk.
I did decided to take the hotel car as I was a sole female traveller (one of the reason I booked this hotel) and the driver was fantastic, the car lovely and I managed to catch up on my sleep all the way to Ajanta, just be prepared and either have booked you own car or pay for their car. This is not a 5* hotel where you can mix 5* accomodation with the local experience due to it location outside of town everything is at the hotel or arranged by them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moghul-style hotel with central dome, situated on 5 landscaped acres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Vivanta by Taj Aurangabad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Residency Hotel Aurangabad
- Aurangabad Taj Residency Hotel