“This Review is for their restaurant 24 Carat. I did not stay in this hotel, but will next time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bagga International

Opp. Akashwani, Aurangabad 431005, India   |
Ranked #6 of 32 Aurangabad B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great food and very good customer service.

24 Carat is the restaurant in the Hotel Bagga International. Located on Jhalna road, bang opposite Akashwani. We found this restaurant after a lot of searching and it was completely worth it. The food was very good. I would recommend the Biryani and Mutton Kali Miri. The attendants were very helpful and they even recommended cuisine based on our tastes. Cream of Chicken Soup is another delicacy that I would recommend here.

For newbies to Aurangabad and who want Non Veg food, I will definitely recommend this place.

The only drawback to this hotel it seems is their capability to handle large crowd. Every time when we went to have food in the afternoon, the service was prompt. But one of the nights we went for dinner there and there was some celebration going on in the city because of which this restaurant got a lot of crowd and there they were not able to manage it well.

However I will still recommend this place and next time I am in Aurangabad I will also stay in this hotel, just because of this restaurant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel--Bugga International with family-Clean rooms,,promt check -in,&good room service.Newly built& well maintained .24Carat restaurant owned by the hotel is also good.Recommended for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: corner suites are larger& sunny
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in Sept 2012 with wife. Went to aurangabad to visit Ajanta / ellora. Earlier I have booked a more expensive hotel but did not like it as I was looking for hotel with more personal touch and comfortable for family.

We had a car so we drove around to check few hotels out and though this one was not exceptional it was pretty decent relative to the general standard of hotels in Aurangabad.

The staff was flexible with our small needs like laundry, minor customization of food, cleaning our car etc. The room was simple, reasonably clean. The window from the room overlooked a shabby half constructed building. The food menu looked elaborate and we saw a queue of people outside the restaurant who were not actually staying at the hotel on Sunday night but we only had one morning breakfast at hotel during our entire stay so cannot say much about food. Though breakfast quality was not very impressive.

Location of the hotel is quite good. We found outlets like Natural Icecreams a stone throw away and other places like Big bazaar etc were nearby as well. They only had on-street parking but on sunday night when I could not find parking on road they got me a space in adjacent builiding.

At the time of our stay some rooms were going through some kind of maintenance on first floor so their were noises of drilling etc hence we chose a room on second floor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed here with my family during December 2011. The overall experience was good, with clean rooms, prompt check-in and good room-service. The structure is newly built and well maintained. Location wise its central to the Aurangabad city. The 24 Carat restaurant owned by the hotel is quite upto the mark. Overall, recommended!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I was going to A'bad for a school reunion and visiting this city after 29 years. Bagga was the obvious choice thanks to the location close to the venue (Ajanta Ambassador) which could offer me budget accommodation. I would not say its a luxurious place but good for short stay which has basic amenities and friendly staff. The complimentary breakfast spread is also limited to 1 or 2 items. I did not order from the Restaurant so cannot comment. The rooms are clean but the bathroom could have been maintained better. Its main USP is the location and u can bank of couple of big supermarkets in the vicinity ; its proximity to the Airport and other top conference venues.

Room Tip: Choose the Room on 1st floor so its easy to approach the service attendants
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I researched this place before we arrived but never actually booked it. We were arriving at Aurangabad after a long overnight in 3AC from Jhansi so I wanted to have somewhere in mind.

From the moment I arrived I felt like they were doing me a favour, letting me stay in their hotel for three nights. Our suite room was clean, modern and equipped with a double bed for us and two extra beds for the kids. There was a/c, a nice sofa and a dining table - although no way of cooking anything, so why a dining table? A/c was working, neither was the toilet flush but they were all fixed within a couple of hours.

I'd read that their restaurant 24Carat was good so we dined here for lunch, just ordering pakoras and fries. The food was good but we got overcharged and they wouldn't admit fault...not for a while anyway.

The location is good as there's some shopping complexes nearby (More, Big Bazaar) and on the main road there's loads of stores (for replenishing my dwindling Old Monk supplies!) and a Domino's pizza isn't far either.

We ate at the 24Carat restaurant again that night and it was a strange experience. The food there isn't cheap, it tastes really, really good but the head waiter is an idiot who doesn't listen to his customers. I'd ordered a dish which he said would be too hot for me and that I should order the Butter Chicken, at twice the price! I told him that I knew may way around a menu and that I didn't want Butter Chicken, I wanted what I'd ordered. In the end he went away with my order, that I wanted the food as he would spice it for a local. He returned with my dish which tasted great, but seemed mild, he then told me he'd made it milder for me. Strangely I didn't feel mild after hearing this. We never ate here again. (To the Bagga, sort him out!)

We stayed for an enjoyable three nights, eating at Domino's the second night and the excellent Saraubh Executive near the station the third night. After eating at the Saraubh Executive and having some excellent food I wished we'd stayed near the station. We also ate in Ellora at Hotel Kalaish, that was great too.

Unsurprisingly they tried to overcharge me when I checked out; they failed.

If you forget about the appalling service from the hotel staff and the restaurant then I'd recommend this place. To be fair, the room was good and clean and the 24Carat restaurant food was very good, just a shame about the restaurant manager.

Room Tip: The suite room is good and perfectly fits two adults and two kids, even if they say it won't
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Room was fine, staff were helpful, but our room didn't appear to have as much attention from the cleaning staff as all the other hotels on our trip. I was worried that the sheets were used when I found a toothpick between the blanket and the sheet. But in the end I'm sure they were clean. The best hotel restaurant on our trip! Excellent Indian cuisine, it was a destination restaurant for locals even.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Bagga International? Share your experiences!