“Ice, no English, long lines...oh my!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Alto
Bay Area Houston, Texas
100 attraction reviews
“Ice, no English, long lines...oh my!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We read about this place online and added it to our short vacation in NM. When we arrived, we attempted to use the bathroom. Womens room was smelly, wet, and had two stalls for over 200 people at the park. We waited in line 30 minutes to buy tickets and then paid the $85 to get in. Excited...we proceeded to the conveyor belt and got on. 《I believe that all races of people should work in the US, but the workers spoke limited English and I was scolded because I did not understand instructions.》 The lines were long and paths were icey, so we slid over to the shortest line and still waited 10 min before we first got to tube down. As I mentioned before the paths are icey. It was dangerous and very crowded. Steer clear of here and go to:
●Cloudcroft - rent tube and go to one of the many little hills good variety and safer and less crowded

Austin, Texas
“Christmas visit to Ruidoso Winter Park”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I searched the Internet for snow tubing in Ruidoso and came across Ruidoso Winter Park. The website's video and photos looked awesome so we decided to visit there. The park itself is nice; it has 6 chutes for adults and a nice kiddie park area. The service however, was not good. First of all, there were only two windows to pay for tickets: One for Cash and one for Credit. The ticket cost $25 for 3 hours. It took my family of four almost an hour just to buy the ticket. Once we had our ticket, then we had to stand in line for about 35 minutes just to get to the conveyer to take us up the slope. Once we were on the slope, we stood in line for another 20 minutes. We finally made it down the slope which was pretty fast. Overall, we were only able to ride down the slope 3 times in 3 hours because there were so many people. There should be a limit to the number of people that can participate to allow for more opportunities to enjoy snow tubing. Lastly, the women's restroom smelled really bad and there were only two working stalls. Unfortunately, I do not plan to visit this park again.

Visited December 2013
Snobiz, Owner at Ruidoso Winter Park, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I have checked and all three of the stalls in our ladies room were working the day that you visited, we have had no problems with them: however the smell is terrible, this is due to the fact that the septic tank is located immediately out side the door of the ladies restroom and the tank is the source of the odor. We have no control of that situation. I noticed that you found 6 of our nine chute which our in addition to the Kidz Korral. I also noticed that you visited on the busiest day of the season. I am sure that the lines were very long,but you had to be aware of the fact that they would be since our web site, where you got your information, clearly states that you should anticipate long lines and extend wait times. No lines were ever an hour long, but when you are standing in snow it may well seem like it. If you should reconsider visiting the park I would suggest a non holiday period. Thanks for your comments.
San Antonio, Texas
“Affordable fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Fun park. Pretty reasonable prices. dont expect too much. Good way to pass time with kids. Not as orderly and efficient as a ski resort

Toluca, Mexico
“Fun, fun, fun!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The chutes are excellent. The price is a little bit high for 3 hours, if you consider the time you have to spend to get up the hill, because of long lines.

Visited December 2012
Austin, Texas
57 attraction reviews
“The kids enjoyed it and 3 hours is more than enough time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This place is fun for kids, teens and adults. For those with young children, 2 hours is plenty of time to enjoy this attraction. We were there when it was very cold, but you warm up quickly when you are tubing. There is a lot of walking to get back to the ramp that takes you up, so wear comfortable boots. It's best to be in your full ski gear and boots so you don't get wet. But wear layered clothing in case you do get warm.

Take lots of water as you will be very thirsty while tubing. It's a good idea to take snacks also as a break will help kids rest some, and then you can make sure they are drinking plenty of water so they do not get dehydrated.

WARNING: The day we were there, we unfortunately saw a lady get taken to the hospital. I don't know how she got off of the track but she hit her head on a tree or on the ice or something, as her head was full of blood. Our kids noticed that as the day went on, the slopes were much more slick and they were travelling faster, so I would use that as a caution and make sure your kids know when to stop. If they are going to fast then I would have them stay on the slower slopes. One of our kids flew out of their tube on a slope that had a jump on it, and then he was wisely told not to do that slope again. Ten minutes later, the lady that hurt her head flew out of her tube on the EXACT same slope, and then she had to go to the hospital. Looking back, I am thankful our kids were not doing that slope anymore.

Visited January 2013