This was an ideal spot for us. The palace is wonderfully located on the beach and is away from the main 'backpacker' locations on the cliffs so would be peaceful and quiet in the high season ( apart from the sounds of the crashing waves!) We were here in monsoon, which meant few other tourists and gave us a chance to get a bit of the local feel. Restaurant at the Palace was being renovated but there was a great little shack ( Sea Sun) and the guys there were alot of fun and kept us well feed and lubricated with mugs of Kingfisher. I think the Palace restaurant would b well worth a look when reopened as it has a great view over Varkala beach. Rooms were very clean and the staff very helpful and attentive. The gardens are cool and relaxing. Would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are one of the prime properties as far as Varkala is concerned owing to our location. We are rightly on Papanasam beach, ideally in between the north & South Cliffs. We do have road accessibility inside to our resort. We offers 6 sea face extra spacious (suites) high end rooms, with private kitchen, attached toilets, balconies overlooking sea, running hot water as the specialties. Three rooms are on top floor, made in traditional Kerala style wooden cottage types. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Varkala Marine Palace Hotel Varkala
- Marine Palace Hotel Varkala
- Marine Palace Varkala
- Varkala Marine Palace Kerala