“Perfect midrange” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Mangalath Beach Resort

Le Mangalath Beach Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Varkala
Le Mangalath Beach Resort
You added Le Mangalath Beach Resort to your Saves list
Thiruvambadi Beach Road, Varkala 695141, India   |
Ranked #52 of 75 Varkala B&B and Inns
london
“Perfect midrange”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

Perfect, is the best word to describe this hotel. Close to the beach, Quiet, Affordable price, Good service, these are the main things to be mentioned about this hotel. It was a taxi driver who took me to this place. I saw the rooms and checked certain other nearby hotels and found worth to stay at this place. As it was end of the season I got the room for around gbr.30. The room was nice and clean with good bathrooms cleaned daily. Service was excellant for the Breakfasts. Main thing I would mention about this place is that, it is a perfect place to stay for single ladies with very helpful staff. I strongly reccommend this place and would surely come back next time.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

I am just back home after a wonderful stay at Varkala. I had planned for 2 weeks holiday in India, Varkala & Goa. But Varkala is a great place to stay and the best place to settle down is Le Mangalath. Just a minutes walk nfrom the beach you are at Le Mangalath. This hotel has very good clean rooms having a birds' eye view to the sea. Le Mangalath is a perfect, locationwise also as the cliff, the restaurants are all on walkable distance, but you are staying in a secluded place too. Its so quiet & refreshing. Get one or two massages also. Never hesitate to ask any of the staff about your needs, they are always ready. Recommend this place strongly.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

Wow !!!!!!!! This would be the best word to describe both Varkala & Le Mangalath. Varkala is really an excellant place in India which has got a typical geography of its own, having Beach, Beautiful cliff and exotic villages. The best place in varkala to stay is undoubtedly Le Mangalath. After my stay at Le Mangalath I am a fan of this resort. When I reached Varkala, my taxi driver took me to almost all the rubbish places around cliffside. Most of the resorts doesnt keep the standards of what they boast of. My suggestion for others is dont rely on guide books. Go on your own and find nice places. My stay was made excellant by all means at Le Mangalth. They have got a small beautiful lawn in the front, nice clean rooms with balcony towards the garden. The best things at this place is 01. The Staff & 02. Breakfast. I tried breakfast in some other places at the cliff during my 2 weeks stay, but, didnt ever find so good and hygenic breakfast anywhere. Thanks to everybody at Le Mangalath for making my holiday a great one. Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Great Staff & Breakfast
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2008

We planned to start our holiday in India from Varkala. We didnt go wrong. Varkala has excellant beaches, the view from the cliff is breathtaking. We had made booking through travel agentwho didnt make mistake in providing us the best accomodation. Its really a quiet place with good clean rooms and helpful staff. On the second day we went through some of the resorts mentioned in lonely planet which we found had neither the facilities nor the atmosphere we got at Le Mangalath. We wish to come back again to Le Mangalath next time. Cheers Le Mangalath.

• Liked — Good clean rooms with a great staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2007

We arrived in Varkala hot and dusty from our train ride from Allapuzha and piled into a taxi at the station. Our driver was a hoot as he dismissed all our TripAdvisor choices as "Rubbish rooms" and desperately tried to get us to book into one of those hotels where *obviously* he was on commission. We tried a few of the trendier mid-range places but they're just too pricey and sometimes not great value - some were like a Keralan version of the UK Butlins holiday-camp but with Ayurveda and Kathakali instead of Poolside singalongs.

Finally, at our prompting, we stopped at Le Mangalath. We've been here for three days and haven't regretted our decision once. It's set back from the main strip at North Cliff, halfway between Varkala Beach and Black Beach but within an easy five-minute walk from either. Quiet too.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and very reasonably priced. Food is tasty and nicely served. Service is very good and Sreenath on reception is very helpful. Just tell him what you need to make your stay better and he will try and do it for you.

All in all, 4 out of 5 seems a fair evaluation.

Stayed January 2007

Been to Le Mangalath Beach Resort? Share your experiences!