“My choice of Yoga in Varkala” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yog Mandala

Yog Mandala
Rooftop, Baby House | Baby House Rooftop, Tibetan Market Lane, North Cliff, Varkala, India
+91 99 95 521657
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 17 Activities in Varkala
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Dr Kamaraj has a Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences (BNYS) degree. He has been running Yog Mandala Yoga Shala on Varkala's north cliff since 2007 Dr Kamaraj is a Yoga Alliance International Certified Yoga Teacher.
Moscow, Russia
“My choice of Yoga in Varkala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I visited Varkala twice and both the times (lasting over a month each) I enjoyed practicing yoga at Yog Mandala with Dr. Kamaraj. I was going to attend different teachers' classes every day, but after I first came to this place, I couldn't stop coming there almost every day. And having tested other teachers' classes, I was sure my choice was perfectly right.
Kamaraj is one of very few Varkala teachers who offers diversity and personal approach, I liked his devotion to yoga in all its ways. He's got classes suitable for beginners and also intermediate practitioners, which is not easy to find in tourist areas in India. There's also lots of fun at his acro yoga workshops. Ashtanga yoga classes are also a pleasure for those who enjoy energetic practice. You will find all these things at Yog Mandala.

Visited March 2013

London
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic view, great yoga teacher and healer ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was recommended to see Dr Kamaraj through a friend and I'm so glad I did. Everyday I had acupuncture whilst watching the sunset, I also had Thai yoga massage every other day. I started my day doing yoga, I was a beginner but this didn't matter as Dr Kamaraj is such a good teacher. I came back after 2 weeks feeling a new person, I could sleep properly through the night and my condition had improved so much.
I'm very grateful to have experienced Varkala and to have made a new friend with Dr Kamaraj.
Nameste.

“Inspiring yoga with Dr Kamaraj at Yog Madala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Amazing classes. Gentle Hatha, hypnotic Ashtanga and a challenging but wonderful Vinyasa Flow. Dr Kamaraj is a great teacher and beginners and experienced students alike will find the support they need. I loved the classes so much when I was here last year that I've come back again to practice and study more with Dr Kamaraj at Yog Mandala.

Visited February 2014
Bucharest, Romania
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I' ve never been to yoga before and this was a great first experience.Dr Kamaraj is very calm and serene and he speaks very good English. I also went to thai yoga massage a couple of times and it's very relaxing.

Visited January 2014
Uppsala, Sweden
4 attraction reviews
“Best yoga in varkala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I tested many of the yoga places in Varkala and my opinion is that Yog Mandala and Dr Kamaraj is by all means the best yoga place in Varkala. At Yog Mandala there are classes for everyone, either you are a beginner or experienced, young or old, man or woman. The energy and environment is perfect and Dr Kamaraj is a skillful, lovely guy who helps and supports all participants. The classes are held high up on a roof top surrounded by palm trees. You couldn´t ask for more. If you´re in Varkala and want to try out yoga this place is a must! Ask for directions at Namasthe Ayurvedic Mission next to Restaurant Little Tibet - that, by the way, is a great place too.

Visited February 2013