“Great value and great host” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Keratheeram Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Varkala
Keratheeram Beach Resort
Papanasam Cliff | Kurakkanni, Varkala 695 141 , India   |
Ranked #2 of 72 Varkala B&B and Inns
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Great value and great host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time at Keratheeram Beach Resort. Originally booked 3 nights and ended up staying one more. The owners were very helpful and friendly from the minute we arrived. Rooms are some of the best we have stayed in and one of the cheapest. Very clean, mosquito net, fan, good size bathroom and hammocks/comfy chairs on the terrace where you can sit and enjoy a drink, read a book, play cards etc after a long hard day at the beach. The guesthouse is 30 seconds from the main area with all the bars, restaurants and shops and not far from the beach.
The highlight of my stay was the cooking class where we got to try a range of delicious traditional Keralan food cooked and served in the hosts kitchen.
They also offer a 24 hour taxi service which is handy if you have an early flight.
I definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2013

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Varkala, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The best place to stay in Varkala. Sagi and her family took care of me as a member of the family. The rooms are clean and there is a balcony with hammok for all of them. The roof top is ideal for yoga and the yoga mats are provided. There is wifi on every floors.

Its realky well located in the main cliff of Varkala. Its been 11months that im travelling and its my favorite guesthouse so far.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

One of best place to stay in Varkala. The rooms are very nice and comfortable, clean bathroom, hot water, fast WiFi connection, comfortable chairs and sleeping nests in front of room. Also good strategic location at the top of the clif, so both, the beach and all the restaurants are close.It is a good price vs performance, I recommend Keratheeram Beach Resort to you, I will return next time here for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ljubljana, Bohinj, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

They pick us from railway station and we came to Varkala cliff and Keratheeram. Saji and her husband are very friendly and we felt the warm hospitality.
The beach is near, good restaurant too and it is quiet and peaceful. We will certainly come back next year. :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

After 4 weeks travelling around northern India I made my way down to Varkala and the south coast. Along the way I met a friend from Canada who gave me a personal recommendation to stay at Keratheeram. he said it was perfection and he was spot on. I arrived in Kerala early one morning but the owners were on hand to ensure my room was ready. Rooms are perfectly clean, bright and airy. Mosquito nets ensure your protected, fan and ac ensure you stay cool. The house is so quiet but is a mere stones throw from the beach and all the action on the cliff front. restaurants are a 30 second walk away. The owners are so nice and would literally do anything for you. I had questions aplenty and they helped me answer them. They can help you arrange tours, bikes, whatever it is you need to make your stay in Varkala complete. The best investment I made during my time in India was investing my time here. thank you, I will be back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Kolkata
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Varkala is a paradise and Keratheeram was a great value stay for us. We stayed for a night there but felt the warm hospitality of the hosts, Saji and her husband. They offered us a good room and it was quite economical. Moreover the location is its USP, a stone's throw from the sea. The food was delicious, very traditional and quite a mouthful. Saji was very friendly and provided us with all the necessary help for our onward journey to Kovalam. We strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Exeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The staff at Kematheeram are exceptional, the hosts are a lovely family who do their very best to make you feel relaxed and welcome. Any requests, such as morning tea and breakfast are always greeted with a genuine smile, and I was even offered free lifts into town. The location is perfect for the cliffs and beaches, making a nice break from the city. The rooms are very well equipped for the price, with wifi, nets, a fan, own balcony with a hammock and comfortable outdoor seating, and optional AC. The house is also protected with CCTV outdoors, and is situated amongst a quiet small local community. I would always go back here when going to Varkala, faultless. Thank you guys!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Keratheeram Beach Resort? Share your experiences!