“Awesome rooms, so-so service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cliff Garden Beach Resort

Cliff Garden Beach Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Varkala
Cliff Garden Beach Resort
North Cliff, Thiruvambadi Road, Varkala 695311, India   |
Ranked #29 of 45 Specialty lodging in Varkala
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Awesome rooms, so-so service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

You can get a great cottage here for Rs 500 a night during the off-season (I went in mid-February). My room was clean, well-furnished, and came with a mosquito net. Fast wi-fi near reception. I liked this place because it's off the main cliff walk so it's nice and quiet at night, though it is a bit of a walk from the beach (7-10 min).

The kid who works here is quite nice, he helped me bring in my bag and figure out how to work their unique built-in locks. I did not appreciate, however, the owner's attempt to charge me for an extra night when I checked out 30 minutes late. I told him I had to finish packing up about 15 minutes before the noon check-out time and assumed it would be okay to be a little bit late. Nope, he tried to charge me an extra 500. I flatly refused and he eventually relented; I just don't like that he had the guts to do something like that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

3 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Business
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

the hotel is good, clean and the garden is really nice. is quiet and employers are willing to help you all the time though sometimes they don't really take initiative. if the power is lost they always forget to restart the internet modem. don't trust the laundry service. takes days. the owner is a really nice friendly polite and always willing to help. rooms are safe as the receptionist stays awake at the gate even during the night to watch masala movies. had really confortable time spending like 2 weeks there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cliff Garden Beach Resort? Share your experiences!