“Great views and kind staff” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Aussie in Asia
“Great views and kind staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We ate here a few times as my friend found it in Lonely Planet and wanted a decent coffee. Helpings were generous and although I prefer my crepes hot, I couldn't finish the cold choco coconut crepes - 4 of them!!! They were very generous in their customer use of wi-fi.I saw people sitting on one coffee for hours and others even fronted up with food from elsewhere and were allowed to stay.
On our last evening a staff member recommended train food for the following day and packaged it up for us.The ocean views were expansive.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oslo, Norway
“Varkala's Proudest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We couldn't stop coming to this proud Italian restaurant on top of the hill. Their Italian dishes, coffees and fruit juices are nothing less than fantastic, but in reality all their dishes are good (all we tried). It's almost like eating in Italy only a lot cheaper. If you stop by for a meal be sure not to pass on their lasagne and make use of their genuin Italian coffee machine.

If it's one restaurant you should try In Varkala it's 'Cafe del Mar'.

Visited March 2013
“Great spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We kept coming back for reliably delicious food, friendly staff and a great view. Very happy spending our money here, breakfast was huge and a good value. Pizzas delicious and biryani was out of sight. Check out their espresso machine, it's the cleanest I have seen in all of India!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Not sure how this place got any good reviews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I went here three times, thinking it would get better. It didn't.

Staff gave the impression they didn't want my money, so I stopped giving it. All the staff were rude and seemed interested in only chatting to each other.

Coffee was pretty awful. Breakfast was overpriced and bland compared to places only a few yards away. The pizza they served was probably the worst pizza I've had anywhere, I felt sick after eating.

Avoid, Varkala has heaps of better, cheaper and friendlier restaurants.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London
“Wonderful spot and best coffee in Varkala”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Nestled on the cliff top at North Cliff, Varkala. Tables near the front have wonderful views over the sea. The coffee was the best we found in Varkala. Food wasn't the best but fine. Kind of place to spend hours watching the world go by and use free wifi!

• Visited May 2012