We stayed here on our honeymoon for a few days. Some of the best things about it are undoubtedly the location, the lovely rooms (although a little bare-bones considering where we had been staying earlier) but excellent for the price (around Rs.3500 per night if I remember correctly). The breakfast is excellent and the hotel manager is most helpful.
During booking, we were told that only an AC room was available and we gladly took it up. However, during the three days of our stay, the AC did not work - especially during afternoons when it would get almost blistering hot outside. They even got an LG repairman to come and check it out but It seems there is some form of a Electric Load Balancing issue and Blue Waters was helpless to resolve it. It would get unreasonably hot in the room at times and the little fan they provided us as backup barely kept us from suffocating. Except for this one (rather painful) anomaly, our stay was quite wonderful in Varkala.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private seaside resort adjacent to Varkala Beach. Each independent wooden cottage is made in the traditional Kerala style and has unobstructed views of the Arabian Sea, with private verandah, comfortable furnishings and en-suite facilities. Our multi-cuisine restaurant, raised on coconut stilts, affords glorious views of the Kerala coastline. Private and spacious gardens provide a secluded environment for a relaxing holiday. Amenities include Ayurvedic treatment, yoga, internet access, travel desk and money exchange. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Blue Water Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Beach Hotel Varkala
- Blue Water Beach Resort Varkala, Kerala