“Vasudevam - Home close to our home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vasudevam - Premium Suites

You added Vasudevam - Premium Suites to your Saves list
Vasudevam - Premium Suites
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   TC 64 700 4, Panthope Lane | Edagramom, Karumom, Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) 695002, India   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Vasudevam - Home close to our home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

A big thanks to Tripadvisor and its reviewers for helping us to discover Vasudevam resort in Trivandrum. We live in Dubai and wanted to take our elderly parents to spend a week's time in our native place in Trivandrum. Considering their advanced age, we were concerned about their safety during the travel and stay. But the moment we spoke to Dr. Rajan over the telephone, we knew that we were dealing with a professional. Another reason why we chose this place was because of its close proximity to our family home.

From the time we landed in Vasudevam to the time we checked out after 6 days and 5 nights during March 2014, the entire experience was a very pleasant one. Dr. Rajan, his wife and the entire crew in Vasudevam resort took very good care of us. They looked after our eldery parents as if their own. We could leave them behind at the resort when we went out of town without worrying about them as we knew that they were in safe hands. Even when our father was unwell with chest congestion and cough, Dr. Rajan organized to get Ayurvedic medicines late in the night. The rooms were clean and the food served in their rooftop dining were tasty & healthy. The cook "Chechi" was an expert cook and served the food with lot of care. Dr. Rajan helped to organize Taxis even on a short notice. Me and my wife enjoyed the morning walks and during one of those morning walks we were pleasantly surprised when we landed right in front of my "alma mater" from where I had passed out more than 32 years ago!

Some suggestions on areas for improvement - the room cleaning services were not up to the mark and we had to remind them to clean the room on a daily basis. The bathroom cleaning process can be improved to ensure a clean & dry bathroom at all times. Futher the consumables like facial tissues, soaps, shampoos were not replenished on a regular basis. From an overall experience the above were not a major issue.

To summarize this review, we are happy to put on record our sincere thanks to the management & staff of the Vasudevam resort for provinding a wonderful experience and for taking special care of our parents. We look forward to visit Vasudevam resort again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor may be slightly better considering the fact that you do not need to climb 2...
Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

It took a bit ofhaggling with the auto drivers from the domestic airport, but upon reaching the place, mr rajan who had already helped a lot with his directions to the autowallah, was eagerly awaiting my arrival and greeted me as I arrived.

this place is more like a homestay in terms of hospitality but super clean like a premium serviced apartment, tucked away in a quiet lane away from the kaniyakumari highway.

the only big negative is if you are business traveller (like me) the commute time from the domestic airport is 35-40min, and after that the local autos are not easily available from vasudevam.

However if you can afford(unlike me) a taxi is always readily available for the guests to use.

Food is authentic kerala fare and all the staff have a very honest happy smile on their face all the time, which makes the stay even more pleasant.

I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Navi Mumbai, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

As ordained by the Almighty, I landed in Trivandrum as part of my sojourn to pay my deep rooted and heartfelt prayers to Goddess Sri Pazhinchira Devi. It so happened that I was accommodated in “Vasudevam Homestay”, one of the famous “Homestays” situated on the southern part of Trivandrum city, just nearer to Pappanamcode. As soon as I was dropped in the homestay, the warm and salubrious climate and beautiful ambience engulfed by calm and quiet atmosphere greeted me before I was taken inside the home by the ever smiling and enthusiastic host Dr. Rajan. In all there are 5 suites designed as green, purple, yellow, pink and orange categories. Every suite is intended with a spacious bedroom and a hall. The air-conditioned room is attached with a small hall with proper wardrobes, before we enter the water closet. Main hall is provided with TV, Fridge, dining table and good sofa sets. Modern electric and pipe fittings all over are added attraction. Above all, a kitchen is provided on the roof garden where we can get variety of delicious food items by skilled staff as per dietary preferences and orders. The cleanliness and upkeep of the suites and garden can be rated as very high. Vehicle facilities and guidance are available at easy reach to visit various sightseeing places including Kanyakumari, which is around 90 Km away and the Kovalam beach. The highlight of this pleasant home is a brilliant arrangement of Ayurvedic treatment. Expert Ayurvedic doctors are available at our call. A separate enclosure is allotted for Ayurvedic treatment on the roof garden.

In short by choosing this homestay a family can enjoy the same feeling rather more comforts than their stay at their homes. It is worth selecting to stay at this homestay.

My deep appreciation and best wishes for the young promising entrepreneur and the host of the homestay, Dr. Rajan.

With regards

A.Pugalenthy

Assistant General Manger (Rtd)

Bank of India, HO, Mumbai

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

It was a two day trip and searching for my stay in several ways. Luckily I got to know this wonderful place by TripAdvisor and saved all my hassles. Dr.Rajan and his family be literally with us all the time we check-in until our car left his place after checkout. Even though I settled my bills previous night and thought of leaving very early in the morning, he was personally available for our sendoff. The food, no need mention anything about it... we never took anything outside other than this place. It is very difficult to maintain the neat and cleanness of our own house at this level. We were about 11 people including two kids and was worried about our stay and food, but we landed in safe place. All the facilities advertised was intact. We are looking forward this place again for any future plans. Thanks Mr.Rajan.

Room Tip: Chose this place without any hesitation.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

In our recent visit to Trivandrum,we stayed at Vasudevam for 2 days. It is a very nice and pleasant atmosphere. Rooms were well maintained, bathroom was clean, and tasty homely food. We enjoyed the hospitality of Dr Rajan, his family,and the staff. We heartfully appreciate all the people working behind Vasudevam for the effort they put in maintaining our stay a wonderful experience. A nice place to choose again for a safe and secure stay.
Thanks a lot. we had a great time!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I was using Thiruvananthapuram as a transit point during my trip to Kerala and came across Vasudevam- Premium Suites when looking for a hotel online, When i called to book a room the owner Dr Rajan was very helpful and told me not to worry about anything and he would book the orange room for me and arrange for transport.

Wow when i turned up at the hotel (actual you could stay 5 star apartments). I was pleasantly surprised with the location and how well designed the grounds where. The owners have really taken the time and effort to plan how a hotel should make guests feel. Each apartment has a very elegant colour theme, with high quality furniture and is extremely clean.

Now comes the best bit, breakfast was freshly made every morning and served on the rooftop restaurant. I have never seen a cleaner kitchen and the cook she was amazing......

Finally Vasudevam offer Ayurvedic treatment that is very good, we was only going to stay one night but the staff and Dr Ranjan looked after us so well we ended up spending 3 nights.

Will be going back very soon!!!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

It was pleasure staying at Vasudevam - Premium Suites.
I went with my family (parents, spouse and kiddo). Its very clean and hygienic which I needed because of my small kid. Also, it has attached kitchen with all basic things required like, induction chula, utensils, refrigerator, water purifier, so we need not to bother about giving milk to kid even at night hours. Property is well-maintained and has a unique color theme attached to each room/suite. Every room/suite is named on colors Purple, orange etc. and has the same theme for it. Everything in suite like curtains, bed-sheets, towels are of same color as of your room. Amazing...
Place is close to Kovallam beach, around 2KMs from padmanabhaswamy temple and well connected to city.
Only thing which I missed, it does not have its restaurant. Only breakfast facility is there.

Room Tip: Look for cleanliness and hygiene
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Vasudevam - Premium Suites? Share your experiences!