“holistic ayurveda that really works” 5 of 5 stars

+91 471 2381888
Website
Improve this listing
Tallinn, Estonia
“holistic ayurveda that really works”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

I visited Mitra Hermitage for the second time when my daughter diagnose with a serious
neurological health issue and the doctors in my country could not offer any help. With the
professional Ayurvedic treatments complemented by Ayurvedic food, yoga and medicines
brought a big change in my child’s physical and emotional self. It was loving and homely in Mitra both times I stayed there. The staff is experienced in treating western people.
I work as an ayurvedic practitioner myself and as to me Mitra has a real holistic and professional approach to health care and treatments. I recommend Mitra Hermitage for
authentic Ayurvedic treatments and when you have real health problems to be solved as well as for rejuvenation.

Visited December 2014
MitraHermitage, Guest Relations Manager at Mitra Hermitage Ayurvedic- Day Packages, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for posting your reviews on trip advisor.we hope to have both of you back with us in good health.

Dubai
“An energizing, invigorating, & fortifying experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

My journey with Mitra is filled with multiple emotions, each one bringing me closer to myself. Panchkarma has a long lasting, and an extremely positive effect on a person. And when this journey is accompanied by love, care and support, it also becomes an easy one. Thank you Dr. Mahesh, Dr. Aneetha and Dr. Laxmi, for changing my perspective on life, helping me jump onto the healthy bandwagon, and most importantly, for making me experience peace of mind.

Thank you Mr. Ratheesh (manager of the facility) for accommodating all my ridiculous requests.

Thank you my dearest therapists, Dimple, Tanga, Girija, Rara (Radha), Shantha, Lekha and Ajitha, you ladies have magic hands!

Thank you Shyam & Dr. Aneetha, for always ensuring we have the most organic, healthy vegetarian meal. I have started to learn to cook like you, I’m just not that good yet :)

Thank you Kumari, Sindhu & Banubali… these ladies work day and night to ensure we are comfortable in the most hygienic & clean environment.

To readers, I would recommend you visit Mitra Hermitage at least once, specially if you are genuinely looking for the real Ayurvedic experience. The accommodation, treatment rooms, food and even the environment are all upto international standards, and yet, Mitra has maintained its authenticity beautifully, whilst understanding western needs.

Located in a pollution free zone, yet not too far from the town or the beach, with backwaters and a bird sanctuary, you feel you are in a parallel universe, but yet within the reach of city life.

I'll definitely be going back... rather soon...

Visited November 2014
Thank you very much for your extensive review about Mitra Hermitage and the team. We are grateful that we could bring big changes in your life quality and we hope to have you back with us in future.
Melbourne, Australia
“Looking for authentic panchakarma?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

If you're after a 'western' taste of Ayurvedic panchakarma, then best you try a retreat-style facility in a more tourist oriented part of Kerala. Not to criticise these. They all serve a valuable purpose.

If however, your visit to Kerala is an investment and commitment in authentic pachakarma cleansing, then Mitra Hermitage Ayurvedic Hospital is the place. This residence is committed to achieving the best results possible with the expertise of Dr Mahesh at the helm, in collaboration with the highly skilled (and beautiful) Dr Anitha and Dr Lakshmi.

I did a lot of research before deciding on Mitra, as there are so many websites for establishments offering pachakarma. Mitra was the right place for me however and initial email correspondence with Dr Anitha, her help and prompt, informative responses were enough to convince me of this.

Not all treatments are pleasant, but again, they're designed to get results rather than a pamper session (although some treatments are very relaxing). The therapists are superb, their care and compassion being second to none, not to mention their professionalism and kindness.

The wonderful Syam under the tutelage of Dr Anitha prepares delicious Ayurvedic meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I cannot sing his praises enough. His soups were my favourite.

All up, if you're prepared for the physical, emotional and mental overhaul this program provides and the commitment required to achieve it, then I cannot recommend Mitra enough. I'll definitely be coming back.

Visited November 2014
MitraHermitage, Guest Relations Manager at Mitra Hermitage Ayurvedic- Day Packages, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
thank you for posting your valuable comments about the services we offer at Mitra Hermitage and the results we got.We hope to have you back with us in future.
Munich, Germany
“Very authentic traditional medical care / Ayurveda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Now already for a couple of years I go to this private resort, and it was a good experience every time. The owner couple are both Ayurvedic doctors and very experienced in Ayurvedic medicine as well as in the needs and expectations of us Europeans ;-) I visited also some big and expensive resorts, but I like most this authentic and simple Ayurveda as it is taught in the original. No need to go anywhere else, no need for anything else (with a relief to your travel budget!) than just enjoying the treatments, the food, the stay. Relay and relax. Nothing more, nothing less.

Visited March 2014
MitraHermitage, Guest Relations Manager at Mitra Hermitage Ayurvedic- Day Packages, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for sending your valuable comments about Mitra Hermitage. We hope to have you back with us in Future.
Bern, Switzerland
“True Ayurveda”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Mitra Hermitage stands for a really authentic Ayurvedic Treatment which means excellent guidance and advice by experienced doctors, very good treatments by friendly and well trained therapists, tasty and varied ayurvedic food. The extra bonus is the location, a wonderful small place in the backwaters with animal life and birdsongs around. The only discomfort is the fact that during temple festvals the music from the loudspeakers is such that our sleep and rest was disturbed.

Visited March 2014

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

MitraHermitage, Guest Relations Manager at Mitra Hermitage Ayurvedic- Day Packages, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you very much for the comments on trip advisor explaining about the treatments, food and ambiance. The temple festivals are part and person of India even though a law exists about when and how to play loud music, it rests on paper. sorry for the inconvenience caused.