“Very reliable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of In Love with Kerala? - Day Trips and Tours

In Love with Kerala? - Day Trips and Tours
Hawah Beach Resort Building | Lighthouse Beach, Kovala, Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
+919846333766
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: In Love with Kerala...? Is a new company offering you a world of choices! From Day Trips to Overnight Trips and even more! At In Love with Kerala..? You will have the opportunity to visit Kerala's 'best bits' all on your own private tour!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Wigan, United Kingdom
68 attraction reviews
“Very reliable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked a 18 night trip with ILWK during February 2013. I started corresponding over 12 months ago via email as I like to plan well in advance, and during that time I certainly kept the mail server busy! Eventually we got the itinerary exactly as we wanted it, which was changed a couple of times later on when a better hotel was found for the same price, or a hotel reneged on it's booking.

I was able to communicate with Kelly during our outward journey when an aircraft technical fault ensured our first night was spent in a Manchester Airport hotel rather than an early morning arrival at Kochi airport. However, our driver was waiting for us at 4am the next day for our late arrival. The driver then satisfied our immediate need by taking us to a nearby ATM to get a big wad of Rupees.

All the hotels were very good with the exception of one, but this was a last minute change after a hotel 'bumped' us, so I can't really have too many complaints about that. All the drivers were prompt on arrival for our pick ups, and we felt safe in the cars (as much as is possible on Indian roads) at all times. Communication was occasionally difficult with some drivers, because although they have a fair grasp of English, the difference between accents was sometimes a problem, but one which was always overcome.

At a cost of around £125 per day for the two of us, for all hotels, all transport between resorts and on day excursions, and the separate cost of our long haul flights (booked ourselves) the overall trip cost us around half of what it would have had we used a UK based agent. You can't get fairer than that.

Visited February 2013

New Delhi, India
43 attraction reviews
“First visit to kerala”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Travelled for a day trip to city, old and congested town. Took a drive to kanyakumari, the road pretty congested and quality not upto mark.

Visited February 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great local company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I arranged the first part of our honeymoon with In Love with Kerala and I could not have been more pleased. I was initially a little uncertain about dealing with a local company directly but Kelly’s emails were so professional and she was so keen to help meet my requests that I was more than reassured.

We were met at the airport by Vinod (Kelly’s husband and co-owner) who after a few hours’ sleep, drove us to Munnar where we were met by our driver Joshi the next day. Vinod is one of the friendliest people you could wish to meet and told us loads about life in Kerala as well as stopping to show us various plantations and sights along the way. He explained that they struggle to find drivers who speak good English as such people tend to get white-collar jobs in the big towns. It was never really an issue making ourselves understood but don’t expect the drivers to be fluent.

Each day we were met at the time agreed with the car clean and despite the hair-raising Indian roads, we always felt safe with both Vinod and Joshi. The car was spacious and extremely comfortable and Joshi was always willing to stop to let us take pictures and to show us things along the way. I suspect he fancied himself as a budding photographer as he was always taking photos for us and trying to capture pictures of the various wildlife we spotted along the way, from monkeys to wild elephants.

The accommodation Kelly had recommended was all excellent but she was also more than happy to incorporate places I had chosen myself. Everything went exactly as planned and we couldn’t have asked for more. The total cost was also very reasonable, especially compared to using a company in the UK. I have no hesitation in recommending ‘In Love with Kerala’.

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Honeymoon Trip- Dec 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

After contacting at least 12 tour operators, both known and recommended, I decided to go ahead with a tour operator that replied best to my emails and was more flexible as well as patient than the rest. I carried out entire booking through email communication, given that I was not in India for making these bookings myself.

Never ever been to Kerala before, I was quite unknown as to what to expect.

The company is primarily ran by 2 individuals: Vinod and his wife Kelly.

Vinod manages the logistics and Kelly manages the communications and bookings. Vinod has been in this business since 2 years now. Which is a good thing, because he is eager to progress and that allows them to take that extra individual effort to satisfy their customers. It is noticeable.

Vinod greeted us with our name card at the airport and a driver (with an AC car- Innova) was appointed for us for the entire trip. The driver was Jose. He has been driving since when he was 17 years old. He is nearing late 30s now. Imagine his experience in driving, so rest assured you are in absolute safe hands.

Hotels-
All the hotels chosen by kelly and me collectively were not only one of the best ones, but each provided with an individual attention, which I really did not expect. As my wife puts it, this really spoiled us, because it treated us rather royally. I do not remember a single place I had to pick my bags on my own. The hotels were verified best on tripadvisor after going through the reviews (trust me, these reviews are truthful and helpful. Follow them if you are unknown to a location). Hotels also provided honeymoon decorations and cakes, facilitating the joy of the trip. The tour operator made this happen.

Food-
All vegeterian, cooked pipping hot.

Courtesy-
Extremely courteous.

Sight-seeing-
Listen to the driver and Vinod and Kelly for their suggestions, they will get you to the best locations in your itineraries.

Communication-
Saying it was 'above par' is an understatement.

Cost-
Very Very reasonable.

Visited December 2012
Kent, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Brilliant! Would definately recommend. :o)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have just got back from an AMAZING 2 week tour of Kerala organised by Kelly through In Love with Kerala. Kelly was brilliant at organising our tour and responded quickly to our many questions and demands via e-mail. At arrival in Cochin we were met by Vinod (Kelly's husband) and the driver Joshi and were given a free upgrade on the car. Joshi was friendly, always on time to meet us and was happy to take us on detours to find liquor stores, so despite the language barrier we managed to get by!

Kelly made our tour personal to us as we wanted to be in Fort Cochin for the new years day carnival, which was an unforgettable experience, and so organised the itinery around this. We really recommend In Love with Kerala and feel that we got great value for money as well as a great service.

Visited January 2013