“My best holidays” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum

You added Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum to your Saves list
Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C V Raman Pillai Road, Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) 695014, India   |
Kerala
“My best holidays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I have been on many a vacation but never quite like the one i spend in Taj Residency Trivandrum.I had been in quite a fix when i won a prize in a reputed TV Channel show to spend 3 days of my vacation in the heritage Hotel of Trivandrum, Taj Residency. The problem was i had never been on such a trip before and i didn't have any friends in Trivandrum to manage stuff for me.But when i inquired about the offer with the Hotel authorities they told me that i just have to wait outside the railway station and they will pick me up.

I was a bit tensed when i was standing outside the station because there was a lingering doubt in me if they would show up.I was relieved to find a white Corolla car coming along to pick me up.The driver was a very hospitable young man who helped me with my luggage and took me to the hotel.It was only a 2km drive till there.I was taken aback to see the hotel in its full splendor.The gateway was massive with a huge archs and and the plush lawn caught me in awe.There was enormous space for car parking and the Hotel showed signs of reigning grandeur.

I got myself a Guest room in the Hotel.The room had colorful interiors and was influenced by many Indian art-forms.There were some artifacts too to complement the occasion.I was very happy and then there was a princely buffet waiting for me at the Fifth Element Hotel.The Italian food i served myself was mouth-watering. Through he 3 days they serviced me with a trip to a nearby village and a cruise through the heavenly backwaters.The spa treatment was unforgettable as it leaves you in complete calm and sense of bliss full accomplishment.I ate food of many different cuisines Arabic, Chinese and American too through those days and found each one more tasty that the other and especially the grilled Lamb in the Arabic food.My interactions with the other travelers was also very warm and i had cups of coffee with a scientist from Germany and a business man from U.S.I said my thank you to the manager very earnestly at the end of my stay and they left me back at the railway station.It was a trip i will savour for the rest of my life.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

Located in capital city of kerala, trivandrum Good architectural design food is good and rooms are spacious. service and environment are good i liked is good atmosphere to sleep more

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Located in capital city of kerala, trivandrum
Good architectural design
food is good and rooms are spacious.
service and environment are good
i liked is good atmosphere to sleep

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Coimbatore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

good place for meetings and relaxation. I stayed with my colleague for two nights and three days, being quiet one its ideal for meetings and relaxation

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dix Hills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Pros: The staff was very attentive, from the second we came in someone was ready to take us up to our rooms, and complete all the check in formalities, they knew our names, and where always asking if we needed help. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The deli in the lobby was a great place to get quick food. Food at the restaurant was also excellent, especially the breakfast appam with stew. The pool was also clean and warm.
Cons: There arent any really bad things I can say about this place, except a general complaint which applies to other 5 star hotels as well. They charge you for internet use, even in their business center. Some many 3 star, and even 5 star hotels give you free wifi, or at least free internet in their business center. I think that should be a free option since you are already playing a lot of money.
Overall: I would definitely stay here again since I come to kerala to visit family, and shop. Its a calm quiet escape from the city. If you are interested in beach, and sun...then consider getting a hotel closer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Chennai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

This was the second visit to Taj residency , but the feeling was as fresh and new as the first. A very warm and personalised welcome at the reception made me wonder whether they mistook me for someone else and showered on me all the attention with a mistaken identity. These people know how to pamper their guest on his arrival till he enters his room. In fact till he checks out. Pleasant and peaceful sleep is guaranteed during one's stay in this hotel.
I was told the food was delicious but missed the dinner as I had to eat at a banquet somewhere else. The complimentary breakfast was very good , but the Kerala version of idly was no match for its Tamilnadu counterpart. Ethnic dishes were spread along side north Indian and continental food and of course a variety of fruits.
The tariff appeared to be somewhat lower than usual Taj tariff.
Location of Taj residency is quite convenient in Trivandrum.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
india
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

we stayed in this hotel for 2 days and its a really nice hotel. rooms are big and relaxing hotel staff is really good.. the food which we have in the hotel is just amazing...i love this hotel and try to visit again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum? Share your experiences!