I have been on many a vacation but never quite like the one i spend in Taj Residency Trivandrum.I had been in quite a fix when i won a prize in a reputed TV Channel show to spend 3 days of my vacation in the heritage Hotel of Trivandrum, Taj Residency. The problem was i had never been on such a trip before and i didn't have any friends in Trivandrum to manage stuff for me.But when i inquired about the offer with the Hotel authorities they told me that i just have to wait outside the railway station and they will pick me up.
I was a bit tensed when i was standing outside the station because there was a lingering doubt in me if they would show up.I was relieved to find a white Corolla car coming along to pick me up.The driver was a very hospitable young man who helped me with my luggage and took me to the hotel.It was only a 2km drive till there.I was taken aback to see the hotel in its full splendor.The gateway was massive with a huge archs and and the plush lawn caught me in awe.There was enormous space for car parking and the Hotel showed signs of reigning grandeur.
I got myself a Guest room in the Hotel.The room had colorful interiors and was influenced by many Indian art-forms.There were some artifacts too to complement the occasion.I was very happy and then there was a princely buffet waiting for me at the Fifth Element Hotel.The Italian food i served myself was mouth-watering. Through he 3 days they serviced me with a trip to a nearby village and a cruise through the heavenly backwaters.The spa treatment was unforgettable as it leaves you in complete calm and sense of bliss full accomplishment.I ate food of many different cuisines Arabic, Chinese and American too through those days and found each one more tasty that the other and especially the grilled Lamb in the Arabic food.My interactions with the other travelers was also very warm and i had cups of coffee with a scientist from Germany and a business man from U.S.I said my thank you to the manager very earnestly at the end of my stay and they left me back at the railway station.It was a trip i will savour for the rest of my life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the most happening restaurants which open to the lobby to create an enticing food zone offering the best in world cuisine. Technology is woven through it all. Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum, has all the entertainment and connectivity options today's traveller requires. Become a part of our world. Feel the pulse of an international business and conferencing destination. Experience the buzz. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Trivandrum Hotel Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Vivanta By Taj - Trivandrum Kerala, India