“Peace, yoga and nature” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mundax Homestay Yoga Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thekkady
Mundax Homestay Yoga Retreat
You added Mundax Homestay Yoga Retreat to your Saves list
Plappallil | Kuttikkanam P O, Kerala, Thekkady 685531, India   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Warszawa
“Peace, yoga and nature”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

How to describe paradise? Mundax is the most amazing place I have ever been to, not only because of incredibly beautiful nature or luxurious rooms, but because of best yoga teachers I have ever had. Mundax has been created by Agi – incredible Polish lady and Mat – who is originally from Kerala. Agi and Mat are perfectly balanced, full of love and good energy people who made our stay at their home unforgettable experience. Agi become our yoga master, teaching us how to release stress and discover deeper energy levels, Mat allowed us to understand more from the local culture and thanks to his connections we have been able to discover the best places in the neighborhood: Ayurvedic Hospital, Spice Garden and much, much more.
I would not be able to imagine better place for re-gaining inner peace, clearing mind and recharging batteries than Mundax. The perfect combination of yoga, good food and ideal weather have let us rest and forget about stressful life for 10 amazing days. Yoga classes have been delivered only to us both, so it was the most personalized practice one can think of. Food… as in the real paradise food was delivered straight from the origin of heavenly tastes. The best vegetarian food I have ever eaten, influenced our taste so much that after coming back home we almost stopped eating meat. The green egg curry was absolutely the best. And the pineapple desert. And small bananas. And the coffee from Mundax’s garden – unforgettable. And the honey from the wild bees (!!!).
Agi and Mat had been eating every meal with us, what gave us an amazing opportunity to talk and share our thoughts. For us that was truly beneficial exchange as both of them are incredibly inspiring people. Almost two months after coming back from Mundax I still feel like that staying there was one of the best experiences in my life.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Katoomba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

One of us is a beginner yogi and one of us is an experienced yogi and we both enjoyed and learnt a lot from Mathew's yoga classes.

For the beginner yogi they are a safe way to start yoga that includes the deeper spiritual aspects as well as clear explanation of the physical postures. For the experienced yogi the class is soft, light and flowing, and a good way to refresh your commitment to the basics of your practice. Mathew is a kind, genuine and wise teacher.

The surroundings are lovely and the building is airy and spacious. The yoga room is light and intimate. Your room is private with a homey bedroom, clean bathroom and a sitting room for contemplation with two windows that look out onto greenery.

The food was the best we've eaten! It was varied tasty and nutritious with lots of lentils and pulses. We enjoyed meal times with Mathew and the other guests.

I would recommend this to friends and would come back to stay again. It was such a great opportunity to practice yoga twice in the day (in the morning and evening). We finish our four days feeling peaceful and refreshed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My 5 days here were some of the most enriching of my life. It was amazing to be introduced the world of meditation and yoga while receiving such personalized attention.

Even if it's something you're not sure you would have that much interest in, Mundax is in such a beautiful place and the food is so good that I would think anyone would enjoy it.

What makes it so special is that Matthew and Agi are two of the most beautiful people you'll ever meet!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed with Mathew and Agi recently for 5 days and had a great experience. They are both great teachers and hosts and the mindful approach they bring to yoga has helped me bring something new to my practice. The home cooked food was amazing and mealtimes with Mat and Agi and the other guests were a friendly and enjoyable experience. I hope that i will make it back at some point in the future - a truly magical place created by two lovely beings :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Mathew and Agi are two amazing beings. Generous, gentle hosts and patient yoga/meditation teachers who understand the Buddha's maxim that "health and happiness relies on moving the body and stilling the mind".

We have meditated for years now and were looking for a way to broaden our mindfulness practice into the body through yoga [...having been disappointed by the North America's expression of Yoga as fitness (at worst) and wellness (at best)]. We were delighted at the fusion of Mathew's deep spiritual practice with Agi's profound connection through yoga.

We enjoyed the intimate twice-daily yoga classes, (1:2 teacher/student ratio!) often and concluded with guided meditations, in their immaculate and comfortable home cradled among the lush hillsides covered with the "green jig-saw" of Kuttikanam's tea plantations. Their fresh and delicious traditional Kerala meals (pure-veg) were delightful and completely satisfying.

We were pleased that we had ample time in between yoga sessions and meals for my daily visit to the neighbouring Sahyadri Ayurvedic Hospital for a massage/treatment, while my partner had some time to reflect on readings from Mathew and Agi's spiritual library. (Thank-you for introducing us to Nisargardatta's "Pointers"!)

Finally, words fail us to convey our gratitude in connecting with Mathew and Agi as guides along our spiritual path! Angels!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

If I could have rated this with 6 stars, I would! We spent 5 days in Mundax, and it was a fantastic experience. I had little experience with yoga before going, but I enjoyed every second of the stay, and would strongly recommend it to everyone.

What I liked the most about the stay:
+ Mathew and Agi are some of the best hosts I have ever met. It could not have been better. They had every meal together with us, they helped us with a lot of useful travel advice, they were very attentive and caring. Meeting them is really reason enough to visit Mundax!
+ The mindfulness and yoga - I have never had much interest in meditation and had very little experience with yoga before going, but the yoga sessions and the advice and discussions both in the yoga classes and around the dinner table were very inspiring, and truly good to bring back home to a hectic everyday life. The yoga sessions were conducted with only two of us in the class, which made it a really personal experience.
+ The meals - Healthy, delicious, varied. All indian cuising. And all the meals together with Mathew and Agi, and the 2 other guests staying with us. It was another highlight with the stay.
+ The house and the room was lovely. Clean, beautiful, well designed. A pleasure spending the days there.

Improvement potential:
- Nothing at all - it far exceeded my expectations in every way possible. The fact that we came during monsoon season and it was pouring down literally every second of our stay did not matter at all.

This is a must-do. It is a relaxing, refreshing, unforgettable experience that will most likely make you a happier person!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Akurala, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I met Agi and Matthew during my travelling in North India,and at the end of my journey,I decided to stay at their homestay for a couple of days. And I'm so happy I did. It's such a beautiful and peaceful place in the middle of nature,and it's the perfect moment to take a break and just be with yourself. Agi and Matthew open up their house and their hearts for you,and besides the professional 'mindful yoga' classes,they are so interested and really take care of you,in all possible ways. We had lovely and inspiring talks during the meals (which were simply delicious and cooked with love) and I also enjoyed my own time,sitting on the balcony,reading my book and watching the beautiful birds! Agi and Matthew,thanks for the lovely time,the haven of peace I found at your place,and just all the beautiful moments we shared. I wish you all the best and can recommend this place to everybody who likes to have a different homestay experience,off the tourist track,close to nature and oneself...

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Mundax Homestay Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!