“Great Place for Recharging” 5 of 5 stars

You added Mundax Homestay Yoga Retreat to your Saves list
Mundax Homestay Yoga Retreat
Plappallil | Kuttikkanam P O, Kerala, Thekkady 685531, India   |
london
“Great Place for Recharging”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Thank you, Mathew and Agi, for being wonderful people/souls. (ps - I first wrote 'wonderful hosts', but that did not do justice as you are much more than that). We loved every part of our 5 day stay at Mundax: your company, the yoga and meditation, the accommodation, the food, the homely and friendly atmosphere. Also want to mention Biju, the really knowledgeable taxi driver who kept us informed and entertained with his stories.

We would recommend your place to anyone who is looking for a peaceful retreat, the perfect anti-dote to the hustle and bustle of a busy city.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I spent one-week yoga retreat at Mundax and it was really amazing. As a female solo traveler, I have to be really careful with the places I choose... I was alone with Mathew in this (oh so beautiful!) big house and I never felt threatened, uncomfortable or anything. Mathew was so respectful and natural.

What I liked the most was to sit on my porch and look at the sun, the trees flowers and the Nature around. Mathew is very flexible regarding the yoga and meditation schedule and would adapt to my choices. I would totally come back for another retreat !!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I stayed at mundax for 5 days and really enjoyed my time there. As a host Matthew is considerate, interesting and has a great grasp of maintaing a balance of leaving you to yourself or providing company. The food is very good, prepared with great care and delivered with a big smile by his cook Wadewar (incorrect spelling). The yoga and meditation lessons are taught with a focused and gentle method that allows progression whatever your level whilst leaving you relaxed and rejuvenated (and hungry) at the end of each session. The room was very clean, very spacious and the beds extremely comfortable. The local area was a pleasure to explore, walking to the next village, around the tea plantations and the massage at the local ayurvedic hospital was a great experience. If you are looking for a place to unwind, escape the tourist trail and improve your yoga I would highly recommend mundax.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011 via mobile

Mundax Homestay Retreat

Mathew has two rooms in his retreat.  We stayed in the larger of the two, a spacious suite with a firm bed, private sitting area, large bathroom  and shower (complete with shower curtain, a rarity in India) and windows with a view of his organic acreage.

Breakfast and suppers were abundant feasts with a wide variety of delicious food which kept our appetites eagerly anticipating the next authentic Keralan dish.  Snacks, fruit, tea, and coffee were always available outside of mealtimes.

As for the retreat, we are most grateful for Mathew's gentle tutelage in yoga, meditation and spirituality.  The experience was so positive we doubled the length of our stay!

We chose to combine our daily yoga and meditation regimen with Ayurvedic treatments at a local hospital, a 40-minute walk away along a road bordered by tea plantations.  I have not experienced a more relaxing or rejuvenating holiday.

• Stayed December 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I spent 5 days at Matthew Mundax Homestay.
Early morning joga classes and meditation for 1 and1/2 hour.Inspiring, energetic and mindfull.
With love and care.So was the breakfast after the classes.
Matthew showed lovely walking areas in the nabourhood.
Back home from the walks again joga meditation and wonderfull food...
The room spacy,clean and comfortable.
Back in Amsterdam I remember every minute in Mundax and still feel the good energy !!!
Thank you Matthew,I really hope w'll meet again....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

My wife and I spent 16 days touring Kerala and Matthew's Mundax Homestay provided a very relaxing, peaceful and enlightening couple of days and nights stop as we travelled through to Kumily. I had wanted to visit a yoga retreat during our holiday and this more than met my expectations it smashed them. We had solo treatment with a flexible programme of tuition. The food was fantastic (you need an appetite!) and the views and house were beautiful. It wouldn't be out of place as a hot European country mansion. The fact I can't think of anything to improve upon really emphasises how much we enjoyed our stay and recommend it to others looking for friendly service with a top quality environment.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I am so grateful that I found Matthew's Homestay on the internet, and because of the wonderful reviews in TripAdvisor; made plans to spend 5 days there. It was absolutely the best time I've spent in India, along with my stay in Munnar. I went to Bombay from Dubai, and was it was a bit of a culture shock; then I went to Goa during Dinwali, which was also stressful. By the time I got to Matthew's I was ready for a peaceful break, and that is exactly what I had. The house is beautiful, my room was so comfortable and warm, and all the extra touches that Matthew does to make your stay perfect are exceptional. And then there is the very special treat of having private yoga lessons that are simple, gentle, peaceful, and have made it possible for me to continue my trip in good health. The food was also the best Kerala fare you could imagine, with fresh vegetables, roti, rice, and fruit at each meal. I will be encouraging friends and family to make a special trip to this wonderful place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Mundax Homestay Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!