My greatest gripe about this poorly run place was the five gigantic phone masts towers sited right next to the resort. I do mind being fried by them and will not have come if I knew it was there. I looked at their brochure and saw how they too had chosen not to represent them.
Beyond the lovely scenic views all around (minus the super-powered phone masts) the living conditions in the standard rooms were dismal. 50% of the lights in the room and bathroom were broken and unfixed. The shower was damp and dark. The mattress was ok but its condition is tired and time to be replaced.
The staff didn't speak much English and beyond looking like they were eager to please, you never get the service you need. We had two local guides who spoke good English and helped us translate our needs and still no action taken. The General Manager seemed the least interested of the lot. He would come to show his position but would quickly go back to his papers. Nothing much got done.
We were a group of seven and we had to wait for at least 45 mins for all our meals (lunch, dinner and breakfast). Then they would come tell us that some parts of our orders were no longer available. We couldn't believe them as there was no other party there!
The effect of their service and housing conditions left me wondering if they were indeed interested in having business at all.
- Also Known As:
- Thrisangu Haven Hotel
- Thrisangu Haven Hotel Thekkady
- Thrisangu Haven Resort Thekkady, Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Hill-station near to Thekkady. Situated beside the Kottayam-Kumaly National high-way. 3600 ft. above sea-level. Three star resort. Multi-cuisine restaurant. As situated the top of the mountain, can see a 90-digree panaromic view of the nature covers thousands of hectres green plantations. Moderate cool climate in all the seasons. Arranging sight seeing to Tea-factorys & plantations, Ayurveda medicine factory, trekking, Jeep safari to hill tops etc. Location is famous for the summer retret of "Maharahs" of kerala, can visit their old Castle. Thekkady is only 50-minutes journey from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MakeMyTrip so you can book your Thrisangu Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.