We stayed at the Spice Village for two nights on our tour of Kerala. Lovely welcome with herbal tea and necklace. The bungalow rooms are very well appionted, and the bathroom was really nice. The smell of lemongrass greets you. Loved the little touches such as a mozzie burner on the varanda at night, and the little shopping bag to take away with you. The pool area was really nicely done and the pool was very refreshing after the long drive to get there. The hotel provide a range of activities for you to do, cooking demonstration, cultural dancers, and spice walks etc. Breakfast was very good and in the evening there was a choice of buffet, a la carte or a speciality restaurant called 50 mile, which serves food from the surrounding area. The bar is stunning and my husband had a nice game of snooker on the vintage snooker table with a member of staff. Very enjoyable stay.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Village Hotel
- Spice Village Hotel Thekkady
- Spice Village Thekkady
- Spice Village Thekkady, Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spice Village is an eco resort in the hills(thekkady) near the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. A cluster of tribal style huts set in a beautiful spice garden is a great escape for most tourists from the heat of the plains, and also a great place for some adventure activities. We have a comfortable pool, an ayurvedic spa, we organise treks into the forest, bamboo rafting and many more. A walk through the property itself is a great way to explore many aspects of nature and the green initiatives undertaken at this eco resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Spice Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.