When you pass through the gates off the Main Street of the town, you are immediately in a Garden of Eden. The staff greets you with cold towels and a small gift. The hotel consists of villas that have one or two rooms. We got a single room towards the back of the resort which was nice and quiet.
The room provided all that was needed, just make sure to ask for a hair dryer if you need one. They don't automatically supply one but they are available. The other thing is instead of wash clothes they provide a natural loofa but it is not what we're used to in the west it also started to leach out a brown color so I wouldn't recommend.
The facilities on site were great. Wonderful restaurant, bar, and pool are available. This hotel is an Eco-hotel so many plants on the property were labeled for identification. And since we were in the middle of spice country, the restaurant has a small demonstration kitchen and has a nightly cooking demonstration where participants learn more about local spices and traditional cooking of Kerala.
Immediately following the cooking demonstration there was a local dance performance which I would recommend as well.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful, probably the friendliest of all the hotel stays we had during this trip.
My only regret is that we only had booked a one night stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spice Village is an eco resort in the hills(thekkady) near the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. A cluster of tribal style huts set in a beautiful spice garden is a great escape for most tourists from the heat of the plains, and also a great place for some adventure activities. We have a comfortable pool, an ayurvedic spa, we organise treks into the forest, bamboo rafting and many more. A walk through the property itself is a great way to explore many aspects of nature and the green initiatives undertaken at this eco resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Spice Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Village Hotel Thekkady
- Spice Village Thekkady, Kerala