After a long drive from kumarakom we reached thekkady in the afternoon and were welcomed with a heavenly welcome drink ( the best welcome drink I had ever tasted) and then were shown to our rooms. The entire resort gives you the feeling of staying within a forest reserve including the cottages and gives you a feeling of oneness with nature. There are a lots of birds that keep chirping , swooping , running around which makes it even more beautiful. We were given a few sessions on the spices that are homegrown and a few cookery lessons using those spices. They had organized cultural events for entertaining the guests. They also had a room dedicated for all the flora and fauna resident in the thekkady forest reserve. The food was great and we had a surprise cake sent to our table on the first day as it was our honeymoon trip. The people there were really courteous and made us feel at home throughout our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spice Village is an eco resort in the hills(thekkady) near the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. A cluster of tribal style huts set in a beautiful spice garden is a great escape for most tourists from the heat of the plains, and also a great place for some adventure activities. We have a comfortable pool, an ayurvedic spa, we organise treks into the forest, bamboo rafting and many more. A walk through the property itself is a great way to explore many aspects of nature and the green initiatives undertaken at this eco resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Spice Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Village Hotel Thekkady
- Spice Village Thekkady, Kerala