We ( myself and my wife) stayed at thos place for a night on 18th August, 2012. It took around 3 hours to reach this place from Munnar and it is actually quite a distance from Cochin, it took almost four and a half hours to reach Cochin Airport from this place on 19th. As the name says, it is built like an Indian village with thatched roofs with big verandas.. The lunch menu was very limited and there were no wide choices. The dinner and breakfast were served in the buffet style with several options and choices. The rooms were quite big with a huge veranda to sit and have a cup of tea.
The best part of this resort is that they have some 100 varieties of different trees and spice plants within their campus and we spent a couple of hours exploring this flora and fauna... We could spot trees which are very rare to find in this part of India like Ebony, cedar etc., We also spotted one reasonably large sandal wood tree ( located on the right side when you go to the spa). Early in the morning, we could spot some Woodpeckers and other birds!
We took a body massage from their Ayurvedic spa and it was quite nice and relaxing!
Overall, great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spice Village is an eco resort in the hills(thekkady) near the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. A cluster of tribal style huts set in a beautiful spice garden is a great escape for most tourists from the heat of the plains, and also a great place for some adventure activities. We have a comfortable pool, an ayurvedic spa, we organise treks into the forest, bamboo rafting and many more. A walk through the property itself is a great way to explore many aspects of nature and the green initiatives undertaken at this eco resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Spice Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Village Hotel Thekkady
- Spice Village Thekkady, Kerala