We booked following a recommendation and enjoyed the trip to this out of the way place in the mountains. We were met on arrival by our host Simon, a generous and erudite host who enjoys the art of conversation. He is extremely knowledgeable and takes great personal interest and pride in his retreat. The cabins are delightful, though not air-conditioned and we were provided with a fan on request. There are mosquito nets for night as the windows are unscreened. The view is spectacular and the setting very peaceful. No mod cons e.g. TV, kettle, tea, coffee in rooms but this is very much a retreat not a resort. Wi Fi available in the Dining Room. The staff were polite and attentive and the food generally good. A special place, perfect for relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat is set on an organic coffee and spice plantation in the hills of Kerala. The Retreat comprises traditional wooden cottages, embellished with invaluable antiques. The activities available are yoga, cooking lessons, visit to the tea factory(5 kms), visit or massage at the Ayurveda centre(6 kms), and Periyar Tiger Reserve (38 kms). There are many spectacular walking routes. One leaves the Retreat invigorated by the fresh air, pampered by the caring staff and visually delighted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Paradisa Plantation Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Hotel Thekkady
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Idukki
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Thekkady, Kerala