“Friendly and helpful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Green View

Green View
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thekkady
Green View
Thekkady Bypass Road, Thekkady, India   |
Ranked #18 of 76 Thekkady B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Friendly and helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The rooms are simple yet with some nice touches - especially the balconies. The staff helped us arrange tours in the park and transportation to our next destination. Plain breakfast is made to order. We could only use the wifi while sitting next to the "front desk" (not in the room).

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Solna, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This stay was one of the best ones during our vacation in Kerala in December 2013-January 2014. The owner, Suresh, is an amazingly positive person and is now our new role model :-) Green View has a perfect location, is nice and clean, comfortable beds and a very good price. Some of our most fantastic memories are the evening at the roof of Green View watching the thousands of bats flying from one of the valleys to another. For us that was most impressive. Kumily is also a very nice town with a nice atmosphere. We stayed for three nights but could easily have stayed longer - much thanks to Suresh and his wife´s friendly atmosphere they created. We are thinking of visiting Suresh place in Munnar next time we go to Kerala.
Suresh also has good ideas about what to do in the area and recommended a good spice shop where we got a stock of spices for the next many, many years.
Our memories from Suresh and Green View will be brought out when we need some extra positive thoughts and spirit. Thank you for a lovely and memorable stay :-)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We spent two nights here. Owners were friendly and could not have been more helpful. The room was a good size with a lovely view from our balcony, we were even treated to the sight of hundreds of huge bats flying past one evening. Stunning! Don't leave anything you would miss out overnight as the monkeys come scavenging around sunrise! Location is good, rooms clean and at 1500rps a night was reasonably priced for what you got.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the top at the back with a balcony
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

It was the best shower we've had! Rooms comfy but basic but no service or food except breakfast. Balcony lovely and peaceful and good location. Owners friendly offering reflexology. Take extra water, soap and toilet paper.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at GreenView for 3 nights. The rooms are clean and the rates are good. We had a wondeful tropical View from our balcony and spotted more monkeys than on our safari! They have 24h warm water and a good continental, but even better Keralan breakfast. They have Wifi for free and lovely staff.
But if you really want to juge a homestay, you should have a look how they react to critical incidents. We met a woman who was travelling on her own and she also stood at GreenView. In a shop in Kumily she had problems with one of the merchants. When the manager of GreenView got this, he reacted within seconds. He ran to the supervisor of the shops in Kumily and took care that this guy was going to be fired and punished. Afterwards he was so carrying and worried about that woman.
I think you'll have to search long for a homestay like this. We are so thankful for the kind and nice chats we had with him.
Generally you have to be aware in Kumily. At the Bus station some people will pick you up and tell you that they are from the stuff of a certain homestay. That is not true!!! They take you to any homestay and want to sell you stuff like safaris and dance shows. And they'll overcharge you. Always ask for the manager and don't arange activities with the guys from the bus station! You can trust the manager of Greenview and he wont cheat you.
Women who are trevelling on their own should be aware. But if they dress propely and don't walk alone throu the night they will be save in Kumily.
We loved GreenView, it made our India trip so much more fun and we give the best recommendations for it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Me and my mother arrived late the first night, choose to stay, 2 nights there after reading about it on lonely planet. The room was ok kinda clean, the bathroom was not with brown water and most of the time ice cold we had to ask then to clean the toilette. The room also had a nice teresa with Monkeys saying hello at breakfast time. The owner was very friendly saying he is a specialist in yoga, reiki and offered numerous times to give me a foot massage in the end I realized he was a being a little to friendly and to touchy when asking me to come up to the roof with him at 23:00 at night to see the view.. Needless to say that it was pitch dark and there was no view..

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for about 4days during rainy season. As a solo traveller on a budget, I paid 550R which gave me a pretty comfy room even though it's on the pricier end of budget accom. The room was clean, with working fan and tv, the bathroom had hot water which was great.

There was free wifi at reception and they did the basic continental breakfast that you can find at most GHs in India. I also had idli though, and the Indian option is definitely better!

My main recommendation for staying here is the service. The owner is ready to help you with any and all activity requests and will also take you to his GH in Munnar if you are heading that way. I adtually got sick on my first day, and I am so glad that I stayed here when that happened. Being alone and sick is the worst combo, but I was given tea and toast and bananas and checked on periodically. As I regained strength, it was so lovely to have a nice family taking care of me. Although I didn't end up seeing that much of Kumily, I'm glad I chose to stay here!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Green View? Share your experiences!