We had reserved a bungalow quite low down close to the Restaurant. It was very private and enjoyable. The pool area is relaxing and the complex beautiful.
On arrival we were greeted by a lady ( head of staff we presume) who instead of making us feel welcome and allowing us to enjoy and relax in our bungalow insisted in showing us another bungalow which was more expensive and trying to encourage us to upgrade. After this we were reminded 4 times that we should leave a tip in the box at reception. We had only been at the resort for 10 minutes!!! Apart from this off putting experience we did enjoy our stay but kept well away from the reception. It is a pity that the Restaurant did not serve a la carte in the evenings. We are not large eaters and did not want the buffet on offer. For this reason we ate in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The bridge to Shalimar, over a mountain stream meandering through the resort, transcends you to another world, seemingly untouched by man. Shalimar Spice Garden is a celebration of scents and colours. Pepper vines snake through your room balconies, butterflies dance to the sound of silence and orchids smile into your windows every morning. This Sublime Journey through waterfalls, tea estates, spice & vegetable plantations, and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary only enhances the invitation to live the Shalimar experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Spice Garden Hotel Kumily
- Shalimar Spice Garden Thekkady
- Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway Thekkady, Kerala