“Bed bugs - hotel deserves -1 rating” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sasthapuri

Hotel Sasthapuri
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kozhikode
Hotel Sasthapuri
M.M. Ali Road | Palayam, Kozhikode 673002, India   |
Ranked #28 of 35 hotels in Kozhikode
Cambridge
“Bed bugs - hotel deserves -1 rating”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was possibly one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. We had to stay in Calicut after missing our train and were directed to this hotel from another which was full. The staff at the desk seemed friendly at first before trying to rip us off with our onward travel. The room was fairly rotten looking from first glance. Blood stains on the bed, dirty sweat-stained sheets. The bathroom was OK with a western loo, but no hot water and still quite dirty everywhere. After a few minutes in bed I started to feel like things were biting me. Half an hour later I discovered I had been bitten all over my face by bed bugs. The night attendant was called and was reluctant to move us. We eventually got another room but the staff didn’t seem to care even when I mentioned I’d put the picture of the bed bug on trip advisor. If you sleep there, I recommend removing the dirty infested rugs from the bed. The rooms are very expensive compared to the rest of India.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I checked into the hotel in a sea of only men, being a female solo traveler it was a bit intimidating. The hotel rooms all have outside access with no regulation about who enters the property- in other words anyone off the street could walk into the room. They showed all the men waiting to their rooms first even though I'd been waiting longer. I finally just asked to go by myself. The room was covered in mold and there were dead cockroaches on the floor. I tried to use the phone to call for another room but it wasn't working, the wires hanging from the wall appeared to be cut. The bathroom, mildew and mold infested, plus some dead bugs and half broken toilet seat had no toilet paper (kind of the norm in India) and no towels.
I asked to see another room and one of the bellmen took me, however he invited several other of the male employees in the elevator and they asked which room I was staying in. They then all began talking, I didn't feel one bit unsafe about traveling solo in India until this point. The second room slightly cleaner still looked like a room used in some down out serial killer movie so I decided to check out and look for another hotel. This place by far was the worst experience and hotel I saw in my 6 weeks in India.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Overpriced, not exactly clean and had to run around the bathroom to get wet from the few drops of water spurting out of the shower head, avoid this place if at all possible.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Sasthapuri? Share your experiences!