I spent a long weekend in the Cochin area, with only one night at Mother Tree. I wish I could have stayed longer. My room was very clean and comfortable, and excellent value for the price. Fort Cochin in a tiny town, and it was easy to walk everywhere (and once around again) from Mother Tree.
The best part of Mother Tree was being so warmly welcomed and cared for by the family who owns Mother Tree and Good Karma. The internet service wasn't working at Mother Tree, so I was shown the location of Good Karma (5 minute walk from Mother Tree) and invited to drop by whenever I needed to use the wireless.
I arrived just before a major holiday during which the shops, tours, etc, were all shut down. I was invited, along with two other solo travelers staying at Good Karma, for a traditional lunch with the family. (I've included photos in my review.) The best part of traveling is always the friendly people you meet along the way. Inviting us into the family home to share a special meal was truly a wonderful experience I will remember always.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amongst the sight-seeing attractions and cosmopolitan town-centre that holds the ambiance of Fort Cochin, lies the Hotel Mother Tree, the 'Home away from Home.' Mother Tree is comprised of 4 cosy guest rooms with ample facilities such as hot water and a/c. With simple yet stylish Indian decor and brothers in management one can be sure of a comfortable atmosphere and a pleasant stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Mother Tree B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mother Tree Bed And Breakfast
- Mother Tree Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Mother Tree B&B Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala