“lotus8 is the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lotus 8

You added Lotus 8 to your Saves list
Lotus 8
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Opp. Cochin International Airport | Nedumbaserry, Kochi (Cochin) 683572, India   |
Ranked #75 of 170 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Walt Disney World, Florida
“lotus8 is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Hi my name is Fredrick, last year on October I booked an evening reception on the occasion of my daughters1st birthday .My wife and I started the process of short listing hotels as according to our choices in the airport area as we live some 8kms for there. We selected lotus8 and trust me they did not dissapoint us. From the word go the F&b manager Mr Paulose, the chef Alex ,capt sujith and the rest of the team where so positive and never in any words did they utter a single word of no to our demands and needs .For me being in the hospitality industry for decades in USA, was a very fulfilling experience in dealing with the lotus8 management and staff.
Ultimately my party was a grand sucess inspite of the incessant rains on that evening(we had booked the rooftop lawn and ballroom) The staff including the housekeeping was so much involved with my party to be completed with out any glich or any complaints.
I would like to recommend that food was excellent and my guests were very delighted with such a great spread, by the Chef Alex who is a renownwed food columnist in many magazines all over the state, as me and my wife found out, Thank you chef Alex for the great cake which was also designed as per my wife and I selected .
I would like to sum up that this party was just a few of the many parties that my family will have in lotus8. You guys rock and thankyou to the whole team from Fredrick Thettayil and family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I had a pretty dreadful experience in this place. First off the service and general attitude is very poor. The room was less than clean and very very tired. I also had the misfortune of being hungry and eating at the sad restaurant. This was my last day in India after a great 2 week holiday without ANY tummy problems. After the meal here I was sick for 3 days...

I had to catch a very early flight and when I went to pay at 3 am the credit card machine wasn't working. Initially the guy at the desk started getting bossy and demanding cash payment but after he realised I actually had no cash he said he'd come to the airport with me so I could get cash out and pay him. And he did just that, leaving the desk unmanned.
Very convenient for the airport but nevertheless I'd avoid like the plague;

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Knebworth,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We arrived at Kochi airport early in the morning and so, as the rooms at our homestay were not ready, our travel agent took us to the Lotus 8, where we got a few hours sleep, which was a welcome addition to our itinerary. The rooms were spacious and the buffet in the restaurant was great.

Little did we know that we would see a lot more of this hotel !

When we arrived to fly back our Kuwait Airlines flight had been cancelled and we spent the next 36 hours sorting out an alternative flight (see separate review). We checked into the Lotus 8 again and were able to pay almost by the hour.

Free WIFI available in the lobby.

One previous reviewer mentioned a roof-top restaurant; we must have missed that.
Recommended for short stays, planned or otherwise !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
jorhat,assam,india
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean and comfortable..great food and coffee shop 24 hours open....very near airport and yet very peaceful..airportdrop complimentary anytime which is so sweet....staffs are really helpful..

• Stayed November 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I had a terrible experience in this hotel. .worst in terms of food and it's pricing. .though I wasn't a direct customer instead I had to stay here due to emergency landing of my air india flight on 10th november. .we had ordered 2 cokes of 400ml each while we were having dinner. .it was usual pet bottles of 400ml. .and when we received the bill for the same it was a shock for all of us. 2bottles with printed mrp Rs.20 each including taxes were charged@Rs.60 as mrp per bottle+ service charges+service tax+vat+social cess with a total of around Rs.158/-.just imagine 40rs coke for 158rs.on complaining some weird head chef alex of the hotel started arguments and instead of rectifying the mistake he asked the assistant manager not to let us checkout the hotel and instead sue us for the same. .this is how these criminals work in hospitality business. .we had to pay them for the bill as we could not have afford to spend more time. .but trust me had I any more time over there, I would have shown them how justice works..
Chandan Saluja
9899590466.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

nice hotel. Very near to airport.anytime airport transfer available.nice sleep. Food also good. not that corded area. over all it is good experience...............................................................

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is an airport hotel, just a short distance from the airport, so ideal one might think..... The entrance hall and stairwell is spectacular and heightens your expectations of finding a nice room at the end of it. It is an apart hotel which I suppose should have led me to expect the room allocated. It had a small lounge area with a small kitchen (a bit OTT for what we needed for an overnight stay at the airport....). This then made the bedroom and bathroom small and pokey. Just felt even I could have given some advice on a refurbishment and redesign of the room. All was well though so far. We ate in the hotel restaurant which was pleasant enough, but not memorable. We slept reasonably well. Then came the problem... I wanted a shower before leaving for a long journey. Firstly, there was no water coming out of the over bath tap, then we realised why. The bottom of the bath had a crack which when any pressure was put on it, opened up a gaping hole. It would have been impossible to run any water in it without flooding the floor below. We called the front desk and after a while a man came and turned back on the water, we explained that we still could not use it. We called the frontdesk again and asked for a manager to come to our room. After much toing and froing we were offered a shower in another room, but on another floor. I refused this as didn't think it appropriate to pad around in my nightwear to another floor, so eventually they found another room on the same floor. All of this took the best part of an hour, so good job we were up early to start with. We felt that the fault lay with the hotel as the room had been allocated to us in full knowledge that the shower/bath could not be used. We demanded a refund, but this wasn't possible as we had booked via a third party agent, so the best that the hotel could do was to waive the restaurant bill from the previous night. For us sharing this restaurant bill, still meant we were only refunded half the cost of the room. Would I recommend this hotel? Looks great from the stairwell, but room was disappointing even if the shower had worked, so no, I would not recommend it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Lotus 8? Share your experiences!