Leslie is one hell of a host! From the time that we parked the car in the driveway to the point we drove away for the airport we had him by our side, assisting with everything imaginable. The place looks very nice, rustic with a well-tended garden at the entrance. It is an old Portuguese villa that has been well maintained. The location is amazing – 10 minutes walk to the Chinese nets, Fort area, Santa Cruz Basilica, the Dutch cemetery. A tip to visit the spice market, Jain temple, Jewish synagogue and the Dutch Palace – take a tuk-tuk from outside the B&B. The drivers are super sweet and for 100Rs. an hour they can get you to see all the above attractions in little more than an hour – and you can dictate which places and for how long you want to spend your time there. The rooms at the B&B are cozy, with mosquito nets on the beds as an extra protection from the gazillion mosquitoes always ready to feast on you. The bathrooms are clean but in need of refurbishment. Two of the rooms we got had a terrace and a balcony which we used quite a lot. Otherwise the big windows in the rooms let in plenty of daylight. We had reserved three bedrooms for two days, but with a gap of three days between those two days. I reserved these rooms through an email communication with Leslie, and I must say he was extremely prompt and accommodating on every request. We could even keep our luggage with him while we went touring other parts of Kerala. From suggesting good places to eat & places to see, to lending good books & booking taxis at reasonable rates – he assists with everything you would need. The breakfast is basic and made to order. The area is very quiet so you get a good night’s sleep. I cannot recommend this place enough. Please don’t go there expecting hotel facilities. It is a family trying to do their best to accommodate guests as best as they can and they are, in my opinion, doing a good job. I have also checked other B&Bs in the vicinity that have similar tariffs but half the charm and service. Therefore, give this place a try for the remarkable hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anns Residency is a superb blend of homestay and hotel set in serene surroundings in the heart of Fort Cochin. This dutch colonial style building is situated on Post Office Road, opposite the Indo Portuguese Museum, and is just a stone's throw away from the Beach, Dutch Cemetry, Chinese Fishing Nets, St Francis Church and all other places of interest. We at Anns, believe in providing a homely atmosphere to our guests in a three star hotel environment. Come, experience our friendly and homely Residency to start off your holidays with a bang or end your holidays in an oasis of calm that refreshes you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your Ann's Residency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anns Residency Kochi
- Anns Residency Hotel Kochi
- Ann's Residency Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala