“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #236 of 320 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

A bit of disappointment when I entered in this hotel due to poor communication of receptionist (English?). The location is only good for those who want to stay in front of Erankulam town railways stations, otherwise there is nothing that interests anyone. No good restaurants in the area, forget about BAR – you have to go far away to hunt for it. I thought that it will be easy next morning to catch train from there. However, I think it was not a right decision as even if I would stay somewhere around MG Road or Marine drive, it would take max 10 minutes to reach the Ernakulam town railways station. So, location wise, it is not recommended for any reasons at all, unless it is really offered with too low tariff, which was also the case for me and I paid around IRN 1,500/night. I was more disappointed when I noticed that internet is not working and was suggested that it will be fixed within 30 minutes, which never happened even until I left the hotel next morning. Cant’s imagine staying without internet which was always being the priority while choosing hotel and I have selected this hotel knowing that they would provide this facility. My frustration added, when the receptionist has asked me to fill an additional forms to prove/record my identity and also took a photo. The room of the hotel and bathroom was very basic. Looks like not maintained since long and looks dirty. The bathroom floor, toilet pan, wash basin all appeared dirty to me and gave some level of un-comfortness. Room has small TV with lots of channels in English, Hindi and many mores….probably this was the only good part of stay. The breakfast was okay with limited choice – toast/butter or fried bread or Idli-sambar. I took the later one which was tasty. I was more upset when I asked the receptionist whether I should go right or left to reach to the train station – he advised to go left, but it should be right. Highly Not Recommended.

Room Tip: Nothing to mention
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
hubli
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The worst hotel ever seen.they did not accept credit card even there is swiping machine.room is full of dust.tv was not working.bad hospitality.very bad food.instead of three star hotel it should be road side hotel.no proper fecilities.everything was worst.I dont no how they gave three star hotel to this.It wont deserve it.Even this hotel give bills while checking out.I never seen such a waste hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Pune
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was here for a night. Rooms were clean and staff were friendly. But as this is very next to Ernakulam railway station, you ll get disturbed by trains during your sleep at night. Food was below average and not many options too. we were served with cold idly(was like directly served from fridge) at 9AM(which is usual breakfast time). I had to ask for hot water and blanket which was not there in room. Not met our expectations for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the North Pride. Nice hotel, big clean rooms and friendly staff.

However our experience was severely marred when we returned from a day out to find an item of clothing had been removed from the room. When we asked the hotel about it we were shown another item of clothing that they thought might belong to us and they were advised it wasn't ours.

However on discussion with friends who were staying in another room about the missing item they told us that they too had a missing item of clothing. The item that we had been shown was indeed theirs.

2 items of clothing missing from 2 different rooms is not an accident. The hotel could not find the still missing dress and advised us that they would contact us to advise us if / when it had been found as we were returning to the area (and staying in a different hotel).

it is no surprise we didn't hear anything at al from them.

An apology or compensation may have eased the situation but they couldn't even muster that.

A very disappointing ordeal in what would have been an otherwise very good hotel.

Great shame

Room Tip: If you stay here please ensure you lock everything away
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Nashik, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

nice rooms,really good lighting,beds were comfy,, good service , near to ernakulam north town station, so getting auto for airport not a issue,also very very economical. city also within reach, you can go to marine drive also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Though WiFi is is hugely prominent on their list of promises made in all the adverts, they only have it in the lobby and on the lower floors. Which is kinda a big lie. No WiFi in most rooms, don't trust the ads, and it's painfully slow even when you drag yourself down to the lobby from your top floor room to check your mail. The Restaurant is glaringly inconsistent, being good at times and outright pathetic else. The Breakfast Buffet though promises to start at 7.30 am was not ready even at 8.15; was served a la carte, which took much longer and caused me to nearly miss my 9 AM appointment. The rooms are clean and adequate and at a fair price. There are them few mosquitoes around even with the Air conditioning so ask for the Repellant Liquid. Bottom-line I would go there again for the sheer value and the mostly pleasant mannered staff.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the lower floors to have any hopes of WiFi access.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Kochi, Kerala, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Hi, i recently visited Kochi with my colleagues and booked the hotel through the net, the property was very good, the service was good, well furnished rooms, good sea food restaurant -

I will definitely stay again if i get a chance to visit kochi -

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to North Pride Hotel? Share your experiences!