Stayed here for just one night but made the most of it and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Provides a good location to start off your walking tour around Fort Kochi. The harbor-facing rooms are of course what makes this property the best. You can just laze all day in your balcony or by the pool area and gaze at boats and humongous ships passing by. It is located next to a ferry point so the sound from the ferries and vehicles getting on and off them does get a little noisy if you are in your room during the day but the hotel is thoughtful enough to provide you with a pair of ear plugs should you wish you drown out the noise and nap for a bit. It is however very quiet at night. The din resumes at sun rise when the fishing boats head out to sea. All this can be very fascinating to observe for some people and the noise didn't really bother me. But if you're the kind that is bothered by the faintest of noise, the ear plugs come in handy.
The chef in the restaurant makes some of the most delicious food and keeps things exciting by changing the menu on a daily basis. If you love eggs, I'd recommend the Malabar omelet curry and appams or to go along with it. The railway mutton curry was another favorite in our group. Do try the Anglo-Indian beef cutlets for appetizers.
The room service menu left a lot to be desired and I didn't really find anything appetizing. I did order a bow-tie pasta with mushroom sauce which was mediocre at best. Quite surprised to note the contrast when compared to the excellent-tasting food available in the restaurant (which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner only).
I also loved the bathrooms. They're spacious with a shower cubicle and bath tub which is next to a window that opens to a view of the harbor which is the same view which you get from the balcony. So you can just chill in the tub and gaze at ocean-going vessels passing by.
They property also owns a boat which is anchored by the pool area. They have a sunset cruise which lasts about an hour and takes you around the harbor. It's a lovely way to wind down your day. Cookies and juices are served on board during the ride. Save for the the guide who bluntly demanded a tip, which was mildly annoying, the cruise was very memorable.
The hotel has a policy of distributing tips evenly among all staff and as such, individual tipping is discouraged. There is a tipping box located at the front desk where you can deposit your tip after your stay.
- Also Known As:
- Brunton Boatyard Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Brunton Boatyard Kochi
- Brunton Boatyard Hotel
- Brunton Boatyard Cochin
- Brunton Boatyard Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This CGH Earth property is located in Fort Cochin, right in the middle of all the historic monuments, right in front of the mouth of the harbour, and with a magnificent view of all the grand ships coming into Cochin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Agoda, MakeMyTrip, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Brunton Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.