The view is brilliant looking straight out into the harbour with everything from canoes to container ships passing by. It can at times of course be noisy and I think a room at the end where the ferry docks could be intrusively so. But our room looking out over the swimiming pool on the harbour edge was great. Earplugs were provided on the bedside table in case we found noise intruding but weren't needed. The room was small but delightful with old-fashioned solid wood furniture and a marvellous high off the ground bedstead. There was a small balcony with cane chairs. The hotel complex is designed in a graceful open-air colonial style around an inner garden with large trees. It has a great deal of charm.
The location is good for sight seeing and just a quick stroll to some of the intriguing fishingnets and fish market stalls. There's a free evening harbour cruise offered by the hotel and we found it worthwhile.
The hotel bar was small but excellent with good staff.. The restaurant meals were very good. Breakfast was a little irksome -- this was a la carte and I've become accustomed to a buffet breakfast and much prefer being able to make a self-service choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This CGH Earth property is located in Fort Cochin, right in the middle of all the historic monuments, right in front of the mouth of the harbour, and with a magnificent view of all the grand ships coming into Cochin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Brunton Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunton Boatyard Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Brunton Boatyard Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala
- Brunton Boatyard Cochin