We arrived at the hotel after a gruelling trip from London via Dubai. We were 18 hours late and Emirates had lost our luggage. I was almost in tears when we checked in at 6am . The hotel could not have been better. Our star was Sunil at reception. He found us spare clothes and hats and gave us lovely tolietries and express cleaning of our clothes. Best of all, he took over the whole business of tracking down our bags with Emirates. We were able to relax and enjoy the hotel. The stress of the journey melted away in the gorgeous grounds and swimming pool. We loved the sunset cruise and our massages in the spa.
Nothing was a problem. A staff member was sent into the city to arrange a top up for our mobile phone and the CyberButler (!) obtained chargers for us.
By the end of our second day we had both cases safely delivered and had the best meal of our entire trip in the Rice Boat restaurant.
We felt looked after like family. The hotel has an air of understated luxury and style. We felt soothed and invigorated. Food is excellent and the decor stylish.
Our ground floor heritage room was quiet and comfortable. We explored Cochin via the cheap local ferry and tuk-tuks. Our only regret was losing our first whole day due to our travel delays.
You will not go wrong with the Taj as your choice. We spoke to several people on our travels who were disappointed with Malabar House and Brunton Boatyard and we felt we had chosen well. Thank you Taj Malabar and especially Sunil who was our hero.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Willingdon Island with a magnificent view of Cochin harbour, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar is a fine balance between yesterday and tomorrow. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. The heritage wing, built in 1935, reflect the inherent beauty of Cochin. And the tower wing houses newly renovated guestroom suites, each a delicate mix of the classic with the contemporary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Malabar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Taj Malabar Cochin Kochi
- Taj Malabar Cochin Hotel Kochi
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala