Besides the fact that the TAJ hotels have a reputation to maintain, besides the fact that they have some of the most beautiful properties around the world, The Taj group of hotels surpasses in services. It is THE benchmark for any service industry.
We stayed at the Taj Malabar, Kochi from Oct 13- Oct 14, 2012. We had gone to Kochi to celebrate our daughter's 2nd birthday.
From the moment we entered, to the moment we had to check out the experience was a breeze. The check in process was smooth, the facilities fabulous, and the staff - extrmely courteous. You want to holiday in this hotel again!
When we checked in, the folks at the reception gifted our daughter a small teddy and a very colorful umbrella. Needless to say, she was ecstatic and she treasures these gifts immensly.
When the Chef got to know that it was my daughter's birthday, he immediately whipped up a Chocolate cake in a matter of minutes! this was a grand gesture and totally unexpected! Talk about customer delight! During breakfast the restaurant Manager - Mr. Mudit was extremely attentive to all our requests and even had some fabulous breakfast recommendations. If you have ever travelled with an infant you know how difficult it can get. But thanks to their assitance we never felt the trouble!
They have a nice bar lounge - called the Matancherry. The gentlemen at the bar mixes excellent cocktails. My wife is quite picky about her drinks, and the barman was able to cater to her palate! They even got us complimentary fruit drinks for our daughter, in fancy glasses, and needless to say, she was over the top with so much attention.
The restaurants are nice and with a wide buffet spread.
In the evenings the hotel organizes for complimetary ferry cruises with high tea, which should not be missed!
One incident that deserves a mention - We wanted to go see the nearby areas of Fort and Jew Town. This required us to take a ferry from the island to the town. It was a walk of 10 minutes, but the Manager Mr Mudit offered us a drop to the ferry point and a Pick up whenever we returned!!! Such gestures have left us with a desire to return soon! and for a longer duration this time!
Taj Malabar is an old heritage property but very very well appointed and maintained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Willingdon Island with a magnificent view of Cochin harbour, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar is a fine balance between yesterday and tomorrow. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. The heritage wing, built in 1935, reflect the inherent beauty of Cochin. And the tower wing houses newly renovated guestroom suites, each a delicate mix of the classic with the contemporary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Malabar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Taj Malabar Cochin Kochi
- Taj Malabar Cochin Hotel Kochi
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala