Stayed for two nights over New Year, and was deeply disappointed. The hotel encourages you to book the suites in the annex; don't accept the offer, since the suites are quite a way away from the main building of the hotel, and are badly equipped. The roof in our room leaked, and the internet did not work for the entire duration of the stay. The receptionist was also missing one night, so we could not retrieve the keys to our room (!) All of this forgivable in a hotel which has no pretences, but not in one which charges the equivalent of a five-star hotel in any Western capital. Really not worth your money; there are plenty of other, more atmospheric and better-value hotels in Cochin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malabar House is a charming boutique hotel overlooking the parade ground in the heart of Fort Cochin. The 17 highly individual rooms and suites seamlessly combine tradition and contemporary design. The Malabar House is a member of Relais & Chateaux. Malabar escapes offers the finest circuit of boutique and villa hotels in Kerala. Placed in colonial Fort Cochin, the backwaters and the plantation hills, each escape gives you a distinct experience & flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Malabar House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malabar House Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Malabar House Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala