“A good hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trident, Cochin

You added Trident, Cochin to your Saves list
Trident, Cochin
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bristow Road | Willingdon Island, Kochi (Cochin) 682003, India   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #43 of 171 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
New Delhi, India
“A good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Stayed at Trident during a visit to Kochi in August, 2014. Nice hotel, good food and amenities, very cooperative staff. Its tucked away from mainland Ernakulam. The main sightseeing attractions which are in Fort Kochi area are 1/2 hr drive away. The only irritant was that hotel is a good 2-2.5 hrs drive from airport, because the conditions of roads in Kochi is pathetic and add to that ongoing construction of Metro

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, September 5, 2014

We are delighted to learn that we were able to provide you a memorable stay

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

amardeep.singh@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Katherine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

The Trident was one of the better hotels we stayed in while on holidays in Kerala. The room was spacious, clean and beds comfortable. Room service was great and so was the food served in the restaurant. My husband and myself are into Indian food so we had no issues - food was authentic and delicious. Staff were very friendly especially the chefs. I had the opportunity to be invited into the kitchen and was shown how to make puri bhaji and paratha. The only downside was internet wifi should be a free service for guests.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

We are delighted to learn that we were able to provide you a memorable stay

I have noted your feedback on the internet in the room being expensive. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the internet in the hotel is an outsourced service, which entails high infrastructural costs, and the service is hence chargeable.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We had a very warm welcome from the hotel manager, Mr Amardeep Singh. We had come to this hotel on very short notice after a failed backwaters trip here in Kerala. He went out of his way to make us comfortable, we had excellent rooms and the whole hotel was a real respite from the city. I'd also like to mention Sree in the dining room. She was particularly helpful and knowledgeable about the city and very professional.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

We are delighted to learn that we were able to provide you a memorable stay

Our greatest award lies in the knowledge that your stay was satisfactory and all our efforts are aimed in that direction. It is indeed our pleasure in fulfilling a guest’s needs, especially by providing a comfortable and relaxing experience.

Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The Trident Cochin isn't a bad hotel - it's mostly meant for people who want to be left alone in Kochi (Cochin) Kerala. Let me explain...

1) LOCATION - it's cut off from most of Kerala because the hotel property is located on Willingdon Island in Kochi area. So if you're looking for an excellent location that's connected to all the fun tourist places - this isn't the hotel to go to. On the other hand - if you're a couple and you want some quiet and peace away from the hustle bustle of urban life - this place is ideal. The hotel has warehouses for company - most of which don't have much going on. So it's quiet and peaceful. The hotel is also good for business/executive travellers because it's not very far from the Kochi Airport.

2) NICHE - the hotel has one restaurant, one cafe area, one swimming pool and one ayurvedic spa. That's it. No beach/sea shore is part of the property. There is nothing else for entertainment. So unless you really like swimming/ ayurvedic massages - don't bother. When i was staying there - i spoke to some foreigners who told me that they had came as part of a package deal. they enjoyed the warm climate, the swimming pool and the occasional massage - it made excellent value for money to them. I don't think most Indians would enjoy the property because we want more from our hotels / holidays.

3) STAFF - the staff there was excellent. This is a huge positive for the hotel. Very polite and courteous, efficient and responsive.

4) FOOD - the food is good in parts - we enjoyed our breakfasts. That's it. Some meals were average and some were a disaster. The buffets in particular are atrocious. The chef is good at everything except Indian food. Worse still, vegetarians don't have much of a choice. The only alternative you have close-by are the restaurants at Taj Vivanta on Willingdon Island which is at a walkable distance. So Food is a big no-no.

All in all - this property makes sense for those who want to be cut off and spend some alone time (e.g. foreigners and old couples) or those who are on short business visits. For the rest - Not such a good idea. I'd choose the Taj Vivanta any day!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

We do appreciate hearing from you, as your comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

Further to your stay in December 2013, I assure you we have worked on the menu and brought about a lot of changes with a new team behind the range.

From our location on Wellington Island to Mattancherry is only 15 min and to Fort Cochin is 20 min. We cater to leisure and business travelers equally, as the main location of M G Road is just 20 min from our hotel.

We have a multi cuisine restaurant, Travancore, Cochin Trader bar, specialty restaurant, Sea Food Grill, swimming pool, holistic spa and ayurveda centre.

Trident Cochin is now a preferred destination for Indian guests as it is easily connected to various other important destinations in Cochin / Kerala.

Warm regards,

Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Trident Cochin is older property, away from city centre. Helpful and attentive staff. OK-sized rooms. Comfortable bed.Food of good quality, but i feel it is overpriced for the size of portions from a la carte menu. Overpriced internet is the major drawback. It is not luxury item any longer. But Trident owners are not grasping it in general.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The Trident is my favorite place to stay in India. The rooms are immaculate and modern and the food is outstanding. Service is best I have experienced and I have traveled fairly extensively. Would not stay anywhere else!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, August 13, 2014

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean and good size rooms. Good choice of food at breakfast. The staff is specially helpful if you have kids. It's good value for money. Will definitely stay here again. Only drawback is that hotel is not close to the beach side.

Stayed August 2014

amardeep.singh@tridenthotels.com

Been to Trident, Cochin? Share your experiences!