Dear General Manager,
It was indeed a very good stay at your Hotel. Please find the below review for your reference & necessary action.
1) Travel Information: It takes @ 7 to 8 Hours & is between 300 to 325 KMs to reach this Hotel from Wayanad (Kalpetta). The hotel is located near Cochin Port Trust which is on the extreme end of the city.
2) Check-In: Surprisingly, there was no welcome drink served to us. We had booked a Deluxe Room for 2 Nights, i.e., from 08/11/2012 to 10/11/2012. We were upgraded to a Deluxe Suite # 310 & that was a very good surprise, thank you for the same.. The entire Check-In process was very smooth.
3) Room: The room was located on 3rd Floor & had all sorts of room & bathroom amenities as per 5 Star standards. Furniture, Linen & entire was extremely appealing.
4) Service: F & B Service had some concerns, in all our meals, we always had to ask for water !! We had given a call to the Restaurant for the B/F time on 09/11/2012 at 0600 Hours, they stated that it would be ready by 0630 Hours which is also stated in the welcome letter. Breakfast (B/F) was suppose to be ready at 0630 Hours, however, it was not ready till 0715 Hours on 09/11/2012.
Please Note: The food pick-up was still going on..
We came to know from reception that there are two timings, i.e., 0630 Hours for Cold Buffet & 0700 Hours for Hot Buffet, we were not aware of this & nothing was stated to us by F & B or in the welcome letter.
5) Travel Desk: On the day of Check-In, we booked a Full Day tour of Cochin for 09/11/2012. The time was freezed for vehicle at 0645 Hours so that we can finish B/F & leave early for our tour. As stated in Point 4: due to the delay, we opted for basic B/F, i.e., Omelette & Bread. We finished our B/F at 0720 Hours & proceeded to reception.
Now, here is the best part, the travel desk attendant, Mr. Shijin neither had booked a vehicle for us nor had written anything as handover in the log book. Reception had no clue regarding this episode. This is a sheer negligence on Mr. Shijin's part & had displayed a very unprofessional conduct. He never bothered to apologize.
It was the reception personnel who took the entire baton in their hands & ensured that the vehicle was made available in 15 minutes. Finally, we began our full day tour..
6) Food: We would rate food as good. The buffet spread could have been much better as it felt quite basic.
7) Few Nearby Attractions: Elephant Camp, Athirapally Waterfalls, Fort Kochi, Kerala's Only Cultural Arts Village - Must See / Visit this, it is a 2.5 Hours Program, one needs to book seats early, Hotel can assist easily..
8) Overall: It was a decent experience, minus the F & B and huge goof-up by Travel Desk. Hoping that, the Hotel Management will look into these two issues..
Please Opt for Deluxe Suite !!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
December 3, 2012
Report response as inappropriate
Greetings from Trident, Cochin!
Thank you for sparing time and posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.
We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services.
While I am happy to note that the rooms and facilities met your expectations, the experience with the travel desk and the food and beverage department were not up to what our usual standards are.
I apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and I have shared your feedback with the concerned department heads and have urged them to work on the same.
It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.
My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.