“The staff makes all the difference!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trident, Cochin

Save Saved
You added Trident, Cochin to your Saves list
Trident, Cochin
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bristow Road | Willingdon Island, Kochi (Cochin) 682003, India   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 167 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“The staff makes all the difference!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Dated hotel on beautiful, peaceful grounds. The staff is absolutely wonderful and makes all the difference!!! The General Manager is hands-on and very helpful to ensure your stay is a pleasant one. Traveled with a work team and was given all the required support and resources. Thank you!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger. Suites offer two adjoining rooms with 2 baths and living area and are not t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, December 4, 2012

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

email : amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was on my way back to Cochin from alleppey and wanted to a room for the evening and was heading off to Mumbai next day. Zeroed on few hotels and finally went for Trident Cochin as my previous stays at Ooty and Jaipur with Trident was very good. We reached the hotel in the evening and check in was pretty smooth. The rooms are just fine, but not very spacious. The property itself not really large, but well laid out. Just a Pool for recreation.
Late evening we went for Sea food platter by the pool, the food was amazingly delicious and was true value for money and supported by excellent service.
Next day morning even the Breakfast was nice and delicious.
Overall I would recommend this Hotel for People looking for true value for money experience.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, December 2, 2012

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our overall experience at the hotel was very nice.

The rooms were large and spacious. We had stayed in a deluxe suite.

The property is not very large. So those looking for spending time at the hotel, there is not much one can do.

Definitely not a place for kids. Apart from the swimming pool there was no other entertainment for my five year old son. So he sat glued to the television set while we were at the hotel.

The staff was extremely courteous. My son had taken ill and we needed to see a doctor. The staff were extremely helpful in organising the vehicle and suggesting a hospital close by. (They do have the facility of a doctor-on-call. But being a Sunday, he would take a little time and we did not want to wait). Each time they bumped into him the following three days, the staff always enquired about his health.

My disappointment was with :

1.the location of the hotel - in the middle of nowhere! (though thats something that is beyond their control). The island gets extremely lonely by sunset and there are no shops and restaurants around.

2. The food was the standard five-star fare. While it wasn't bad - there was nothing to write home about.

To get to any other decent restaurant, one has to drive out of the island and go to the city - which is a good drive!

The attitude and friendliness of the staff compensated for the disappointments of the hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

email: amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com
Lonavala, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Dear General Manager,

It was indeed a very good stay at your Hotel. Please find the below review for your reference & necessary action.

1) Travel Information: It takes @ 7 to 8 Hours & is between 300 to 325 KMs to reach this Hotel from Wayanad (Kalpetta). The hotel is located near Cochin Port Trust which is on the extreme end of the city.

2) Check-In: Surprisingly, there was no welcome drink served to us. We had booked a Deluxe Room for 2 Nights, i.e., from 08/11/2012 to 10/11/2012. We were upgraded to a Deluxe Suite # 310 & that was a very good surprise, thank you for the same.. The entire Check-In process was very smooth.

3) Room: The room was located on 3rd Floor & had all sorts of room & bathroom amenities as per 5 Star standards. Furniture, Linen & entire was extremely appealing.

4) Service: F & B Service had some concerns, in all our meals, we always had to ask for water !! We had given a call to the Restaurant for the B/F time on 09/11/2012 at 0600 Hours, they stated that it would be ready by 0630 Hours which is also stated in the welcome letter. Breakfast (B/F) was suppose to be ready at 0630 Hours, however, it was not ready till 0715 Hours on 09/11/2012.
Please Note: The food pick-up was still going on..
We came to know from reception that there are two timings, i.e., 0630 Hours for Cold Buffet & 0700 Hours for Hot Buffet, we were not aware of this & nothing was stated to us by F & B or in the welcome letter.

5) Travel Desk: On the day of Check-In, we booked a Full Day tour of Cochin for 09/11/2012. The time was freezed for vehicle at 0645 Hours so that we can finish B/F & leave early for our tour. As stated in Point 4: due to the delay, we opted for basic B/F, i.e., Omelette & Bread. We finished our B/F at 0720 Hours & proceeded to reception.

Now, here is the best part, the travel desk attendant, Mr. Shijin neither had booked a vehicle for us nor had written anything as handover in the log book. Reception had no clue regarding this episode. This is a sheer negligence on Mr. Shijin's part & had displayed a very unprofessional conduct. He never bothered to apologize.

It was the reception personnel who took the entire baton in their hands & ensured that the vehicle was made available in 15 minutes. Finally, we began our full day tour..

6) Food: We would rate food as good. The buffet spread could have been much better as it felt quite basic.

7) Few Nearby Attractions: Elephant Camp, Athirapally Waterfalls, Fort Kochi, Kerala's Only Cultural Arts Village - Must See / Visit this, it is a 2.5 Hours Program, one needs to book seats early, Hotel can assist easily..

8) Overall: It was a decent experience, minus the F & B and huge goof-up by Travel Desk. Hoping that, the Hotel Management will look into these two issues..

Room Tip: Please Opt for Deluxe Suite !!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, December 3, 2012

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

While I am happy to note that the rooms and facilities met your expectations, the experience with the travel desk and the food and beverage department were not up to what our usual standards are.

I apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and I have shared your feedback with the concerned department heads and have urged them to work on the same.

Warm Regards,

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Came here to take a much needed break from my hectic work schedule! and all i can say is i glad i took that break. excellent would be an understatement for the experience that i have had with my stay at Trident Cochin. Tucked away on an island away from the city this place turned out to be more than my expectations...my friends loved the place especially the pool side and the lovely and relaxing Ayurveda massages. I am already planning for my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, November 28, 2012

Navi Mumbai, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

As a single lady traveler for me this place was a home away from home!! staff -extremely courteous polite and helpful. Food was delectable . a very calming and peaceful atmosphere. would love to come back and stay here with family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, November 21, 2012

email:amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

First the positives - The hotel's staff is definitely one of the friendliest and warmest I have seen in India. Even the two shop owners in the property are very helpful and informative. The property itself is well appointed and I would not have many complaints against the room, except that it was a long walk in the corridor to reach the room from the reception.

However, the hotel is a mixed one - between a resort and a business hotel. My trip was a business trip though the first such trip to Kochi. The hotel location is the worst feature - located on Wellington Island, it is next to the naval dockyard on Port Cochin. Ideally this would be an industrial area with very little in the way of any facilities like a 5 star hotel - but Trident sits bang in the middle. It is more than an hour's cab ride from the Airport and 45 minutes from the main city and 20 min from the old city. So it is neither here nor there.

There is absolutely nothing around in the way of a shop or an eatery for miles and if you miss any supplies, the hotel shops have very little on offer. The hotel does not touch any water body and is buffeted by two roads alongside the property, so no great views or a walk to the beach.

Absolutely not recommended to anyone wanting to go on a business trip. For a holiday, apart from being a Trident property, it does not have anything to recommend a stay.

Room Tip: go for a deluxe room. They are closer to the reception and will help avoid a long walk. Budget 30 mi...

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

I have noted your feedback on the location of the hotel. I do agree with you that it takes an hour to get to the hotel from the airport. But you will appreciate that fact that it is the same travelling time for almost all hotels in Cochin. The hotel is located equidistant from Fort Cochin the main tourist area and M.G. Road which is the main city area. All hotels in Cochin are at a disadvantage of not having a beach nearby. The closest proper beach is Cherai which is about 25 kilometers away from the hotel.

email : amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com

Been to Trident, Cochin? Share your experiences!