“Won't recommend this place” 2 of 5 stars

Tandoor Restaurant
Layam Road | Near Woodlands Hotel, Kochi (Cochin) 682011, India
0484 6586888
Improve this listing
Ranked #98 of 534 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: Chinese, Dessert, Indian, Halal
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: 39 years of service is a long way into the hearts of people living and visiting Kochi city.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Won't recommend this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Every 3 - 4 months, when we visit Kochi, this is a usual family eat out place. But the last trip to this restaurant was not the best. The quality of food has deteriorated. The pulao that my wife ordered had too much oil in it that it could have prompted a US attack. The kerala porotta that i ordered went cold and stiff in a matter of minutes. I bet I could swing the porota, cut steel and do a better job than the James Bond villain with the blade hat.

Well, enough said, we'd be staying away from this place for a long time.

Visited April 2013

“Pathetic food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I visited the restaurant recently during my overnnight stay at Kochi and was recommended Tandoor for good North Indian food.

Both.the food and service was horrible and pathetic and would recommend not to visit this place ever.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Tandoor is my all time and one of the favorite restaurants in and around the city!
The service offered is quite good, just like the food served! Esp the kadai :) The American Chopsey is my fav! The place offers a good ambiance in its ground floor and I personally don't like the first floor! The place is quite crowded these days for dinner (No wonder)

Its a good experience to dine from here, cos in my opinion the food offered is too good and economical at the same time! Worth the money! :)

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“VERY POOR AND PATHETIC SERVICE !!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I went with my family for my wedding anniversary... we were a group of five adults and we ordered food with the starters... in that we ordered 2/ 4 soups for 4 persons and 1 soup for the other person ... they almost took 40 min for the starters and this guy brought 2/4 soup.. after that he brought a big bowl of soup which could be consumed for another 4 persons.. and then we questioned about the quantity he started arguing and literally started blaming us continuously... we said to him that we will pay for the extra soup then he started blaming us more and trying to make everyone around that it was our mistake and not his... it was obviously his mistake.. but we din want to make an issue... after that instead of solving it they said u can leave after paying for the soups which we consumed which was really rude.. at least the management should behave properly.. the guy who took the order doesn't know half the things and he was the one arguing...really bad experience... and will never ever go there or ask anyone to go there...

• Visited December 2012
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

visited this place with my family the restaurant ambiance was really good and also they served our food really quickly ..Though the food was good it really not fit for pockets..they serve mainly north indian dishes

• Visited December 2012