“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jasmin Villa Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kochi (Cochin)
Jasmin Villa Homestay
You added Jasmin Villa Homestay to your Saves list
11/1305 Odatha | Veli, Kochi (Cochin) 682001, India   |
Ranked #28 of 320 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hyderabad, India
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We booked this homestay based on trip advisor reviews. It was a simple telephone call to Mr Stanley Wilson and the response was good, friendly and immediate.

This was our first attempt at a home stay and the entire experience was very satisfying. Stanley and his wife Jasmin made us their place, A Home away from Home.

Our first impression was - "Wow, that is very neat and clean place" when we entered Jasmin Villa at 4 30 in the morning when both Stanley and Jasmin were there to receive us on a Thursday morning after their trusted driver Justine (hate to call him a driver, Chauffer would be apt) picked us up from the railway station in his impeccable Indigo XL - A limo by Indian standards. On a vacation, food could make a whale of a difference in experience and more so for we vegetarians in a land of fish - call it fish out of water!! But Jasmin won our pallettes with very tasty vegetarian food in wide variety, one that my wife asked to capture for fond memories on a picture.

In short, for a stay in Fort Cochin surrounds on a Monsoon week at Jasmin Villa it was value for money where hospitality came free!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Madurai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed two days in Jasmin Villa.We ate different and tasty food. We enjoyed very much.
It's near to beach. We saw ships nearer to us. we are very eager to go again & again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

A heart felt thanks to Stanley and Jasmine for their wonderful hospitality during our stay at Jasmin Villa, Kochi, India. An excellent accomodation with good quality rooms. We really enjoyed our stay there. They were very friendly especially, Jasmine's cooking was excellent. If you really need to taste kerala food, you should try Jasmine's cooking.We would highly recommend Jasmin Villa if would like to stay in Kochi, Kerala, India.

Anto & Belcy,
Dublin, Ireland

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Stanley and Jasmin were lovely and went out of their way to help in any way they could. the homestay is comfortable and clean and it was nice to be staying in what felt like a neighbourhood than in a tourist area. the best bit about my stay at Jasmin Villa was the food. my mouth is watering just thinking about the feast that Jasmin would prepare.

i would recommend this homestay to friends and family travelling to cochin.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I didn't actually stay at Jasmine Villa but I wish I had have!
Through a recommendation of a friends amazing trip to Munnar I found Wilson Tours run by Stanley on Princess St. I booked an excellent day trip to the backwaters and had I have had more time, would have done the Munnar trip also.
My two friends and I went for cooking classes with Jasmin and had an absolutely lovely evening. It was just the three of us which I liked as I'd heard others in town would cram in 10-12 people at a time.
We were taught how to make everything from scratch. A vegetable Korma, Dhal, Raita, Chappatty and we even made a special request for Mazhuk Purati earlier in the day which Jasmin was only too happy to accommodate. Each of us had a go at cooking and we were given print outs written by Jasmin herself of all the recipes.
Once finished we all sat down together to eat. The taste was sensational and it was a real treat to be welcomed in their lovely home.
If only I'd known they ran a guesthouse too and I wouldn't have bothered saying on Princess St.
Highly recommend the guesthouse, cooking classes and Stanleys tours at Wilson tours!

• Stayed June 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

When I walked into this homestay, the first thought that ran through my mind was "wow! this is probably one of the cleanest places I've seen yet in India." The rooms are beautiful and spacious, with a small deck area which is nice to sit out on in the evenings for a breeze. Jasmin's food is delicious and she has a smile that will brighten up your day. She offers cooking classes in the evenings, and after a week of eating her delicious food i'm hoping I'll be able to replicate some of it back home. Her husband Stanley is so nice and great at helping to set up day trips and whatever else you may need help with in planning your time in Kerela. Highly suggest this homestay - we had a wonderful time!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Goldens Bridge, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

After studying abroad in Delhi for 3.5 months, two of my friends and I traveled to Kerala and stayed at Jasmin Villa in Kochi. Stanley Wilson was wonderful about being flexible with out dates and gave us really good student rates. We weren't sure what we wanted to see besides Kochi and he helped us arrange an overnight trip to his homestay in Munnar in the mountains and tea plantations, as well as a day trip through the backwaters. We loved it!!! We felt safe the entire time and Stanley and Jasmin (Stanley's wife) took great care of us. Jasmin cooked delicious breakfasts and dinners for us, and even packed us breakfast to go when we left for Munnar. We took a cooking class with her one night which was really fun.

The house is a short walk from the bus station. The bus into town is a five minute ride and costs only 4 rupees. We also walked into town and back a couple of times. We took the ferry in town to Vypeen island to go to Cherai beach, which was mostly deserted and absolutely beautiful.We did a bit of shopping in town, mostly for handicrafts and jewelry. There's an extremely chilly Cafe Coffee Day for when it's really hot...

The rooms are spotlessly clean and the house seems to be newly renovated. We didn't have A/C in our rooms but I think they do have one room with it if you felt like you needed it.

You better like fish and coconut! We ate a lot of it. We gave up our vegetarianism to eat the Kochi fish that Jasmin prepared!

I'd post pictures, but I dropped my phone in the river where we watched elephants being bathed...oops! We definitely recommend this guest house - you'll have a wonderful time!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Jasmin Villa Homestay? Share your experiences!