“Comfortable, clean, great location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Princess Inn

Princess Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kochi (Cochin)
Princess Inn
You added Princess Inn to your Saves list
Princess Street, Kochi (Cochin), India   |
Ranked #158 of 319 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
st. peters, mo
“Comfortable, clean, great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Stayed a couple of nights and really felt at home there. Loved the common area. Freddy the manager is helpful and friendly. My train out of Kochi didn't leave until evening and Freddy offered the day use of a smaller room, with bathroom at a great rate. It was very helpful, as I was able to shower before getting on the overnight train . I paid 600 rps/night and 200 rps for the day use.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kochi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We think the staff (Freddy) of the Princess Inn, is one of the most friendly and helpful we experienced in India, without being pushy to do things or go places you really don't like! All his tips about Fort Cochin were helpful and good and we really enjoyed staying there!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I picked this hotel after reading the positive ratings of the lonely planet, and it sure lived up to my expectations. I stayed for three nights when I started my trip through Kerala and returned at the end of my trip to stay for another three nights. I travelled on my own, and enjoyed meeting other travelers in the cosy communal space. The hotel managers were very friendly and helpful. I felt at ease and had a very pleasant stay.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed with a friend for three nights in a great and clean room. It was very quiet, and the staff was friendly with us.
I don't understand the two comment saying that it's a freaky place...!
Xavier, the young manager was nice to us.

Just go there!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Bochum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed in Princess Inn for 2 nights and just after I had arrived the very friendly housekeeper organized all my trips and activities for me and gave me the latest tips and tricks for Fort Cochin! It was really relaxing because like that I didnt have to go to any tourist office! Besides the friendly people you meet at this place, I also stayed in a very cheap room (they reliably stick to the prices in Lonely planet and during off season they give an undemanded discount), which had a bathroom and was very clean! For 250 Rs more than I expected! They also have a communal room with a couch and tables, where you can sit together, talk with other travellers or read a book!
It might not be a luxurious deluxe hotel, but it was definitely one of the best and most importantly friendliest budget homestays I stayed in during my trip through India! And it couldnt be any more central!
I recommend this place to every budget traveller, that is also looking for some friendly talks or just some cheap clean rooms!

Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed already three times in Princess Inn, each time for about one week, and I would stay there again. Although the rooms are very simple and not everything is in the best condition, I found this place is an ideal spot to be in touch with Fort Kochi. The location close to the beach, on Princess Street between all the shops and restaurants is daytime and nighttime a place where you can feel the pulse of Kochi.
The rooms are simple but quiet cheap and the staff was always very friendly and ready to help. I enjoyed the "intercultural discussions" with Xavier and his and Freddys advices -about what to do in and around Kochi and how -were always very helpful......
The atmosphere of Princess Inn is very welcoming and feeling like family especially if you come back the second or third time.....

Ubud
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This place has got very good reviews in Lonely Planet, but hey, places change. I already informed Lonely Planet accordingly, please do so too if you also had a bad experience there.
On top of the normal dirt and mould, there were cockroaches in the bedroom and big balls of greasy fluff falling onto the bed from from the dirty unclean ceiling fan above.
The worst part though was the totally inappropriate and outrageous behaviour of one member of staff, unpleasantly OVER FLIRTATIOUS, and with shouting outbursts of abusive rage attacks to customers. He was totally out of order, out of place, lacked normal healthy personal boundaries and professional boundaries at all.
Realising that I was traveling on my own, he was constantly over flirtatious from the beginning, which made me feel totally unease, unsafe and drained. Eventually, he lost it cause of my coldness to his flirtatious comments and started to shout abusively that I was a racist, mental, etc. Extremely frightening, threatening and unpleasant. As I was leaving the building totally frightened and outraged, he chased me down the street still shouting to the whole street that I was a racist, mental, liar. Is he for real?

Totally inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour, not worth it. Please stay away, specially if you are a solo woman traveler, outrageous, scary and threatening!.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Princess Inn? Share your experiences!