“Best Homestay in Fort Kochin” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Honolulu Home HomeStay

You added Honolulu Home HomeStay to your Saves list
Honolulu Home HomeStay
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   House No. 1/1596 | S. Thamaraparambu, Kochi (Cochin) 682001, India   |
Ranked #103 of 299 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Best Homestay in Fort Kochin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Taris and his father Mr. Aboo run the cleanest and best affordable homestay in Cochin. They go out of their way to make guests feel at home. They are very free with recommendations to find the best restaurants to help you avoid the tourist experience and really enjoy the local cuisine. As I was leaving the hotel for my last meal and searching for a place to eat, Mr. Aboo drove past me on his scooter and told me to hop on. He took me to the best biryani place in the area. That is what I call service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed in this home stay for 2 days. Rooms are small in size but enough for two people. I have created a list of good and bad of my stay which will be helpful for you to decide.

Good:-
1. Mr. Abu (Owner) was very good and eager to share information on Kochi sightseeing
2. Location is very close to Main tourist spots of Kochi ( less than 2-3 Kms )
3. Very quite
4. Rooms were very clean
5. There are many places around where You can take Bike on rent
6. Breakfast was continental and it was good.
Bad
1. Rooms don’t have TV inside so you will have to sit in hall to watch TV
2. There is nothing else I can think of

Thanks to Mr. Abu for making our Stay memorable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Traveling alone, staying 2 nights. convenient location in a real neighborhood. comfortable room, great fan (AC also available) and very nice bathroom. Comfortable atmosphere, very safe feeling. The owner and family are hospitable. I had a midnight departure to the airport. Mr. Aboo stayed up to see me off, insisted on carrying my bag down for me. He is genteel, relaxed and helpful helping with transportation arrangements. No bugs at all. There are stairs to climb to reach the rooms and dining area. Also, the terrace would be nicer if a bit of clutter was removed. Overall, below average prices for a nice place.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was my third trip to India and I try to stay somewhere new each time. I found the Honolulu a great choice, the rooms were clean and the hosts welcoming. nothing seemed to be too much trouble, I was never 'pressured' to take trips etc. (rare in India) and I was very comfortable in the 21 days I spent there, the homestay is excellent value and within walkin distance to Princess Street. I can highly recommend Aboo and his family, wonderful hosts and genuinely caring.
On my next visit I will break my rule of finding new accommodation each time and stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose an air conditioned room if one is available
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had a very good time in Chochin and at Honolulu Homestay! Breakfast every morning and nice conversations with the owner every day! I really enjoyed it! But.. I got too many mosqito bites because my room wasn't safe.

Room Tip: Ask for a single room (~600 r) if you are travelling alone!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Agra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I were fortunate enough to connect with Honolulu Homestay on our first visit to India! Our father and son hosts were warm, friendly, and helpful. I cannot say the same for our taxi ride to Fort Cochin, so it was quite nice receive a warm and friendly wlecome. We enjoyed our breakfast on the rooftop and found our walks around the city very nice.

We picked Honoululu Homestay initially because of the name...because we had lived in Honolulu and could not pass up the connection. Now, we would recommend Honolulu Homestay for those looking for some 'aloha' spirit in Fort Cochin! Enjoy you time in India!

Davis & Patti
February 2013

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Raj, Rajasthan, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. The owner, Abu, was helpful and woke up to assist when we arived at 1am in the morning. He also helped with organising tickets and a scooter.
for the day. Provided free omlette and chai breakfast every morning. Good experience, just the price of the room and laundry was more expensive compared to other places in south India.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Honolulu Home HomeStay? Share your experiences!