“A lovely place where you can relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Honolulu Home HomeStay

You added Honolulu Home HomeStay to your Saves list
Honolulu Home HomeStay
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   House No. 1/1596 | S. Thamaraparambu, Kochi (Cochin) 682001, India   |
Ranked #103 of 299 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Leipzig, Germany
“A lovely place where you can relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I really liked staying at the Honolulu Home Stay. This was my first homestay,so I was a bit suspicious about the whole thing. But the family was so nice that I felt very comfortable for the 3 days I have been here. They were also very helpful with organizing tickets and giving informations about my further travels. You can have breakfast and dinner here which you can enjoy on a green balcony. The rooms are very clean and comfortable,too. So,if you need a place to calm down from the travelling,this is where you'll want to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at Honolulu Homestay, I liked to so much I stayed an extra 2 days. From the minute I arrived at gone midnight I was made to feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. My room was immaculately clean, its has to be the cleanest place I have stayed so far on my 4 month trip of India and I'm 5 weeks in already. The whole place is really clean and every effort is made to keep out the mosquitoes, there are nets on all the windows and the doors. I would recommend this Honolulu Homestay to anyone visiting Fort Kochin. 110% from me. Simon from the UK

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We arrived after a long train ride from Trivandrum and were welcomed warmly by the owner. He immediately showed us to our spacious room with balcony. The location of the house is ideal, within walking distance of Jew town, the ferry, Dutch Palace, Princess street, Santa Cruz Basilica and many restaurants. It is also on a fairly quiet side street which is nice. The owner served us delicious breakfasts every morning (included in price-850 RS for non a/c room). He is very accommodating and helped us book an elephant/waterfall day trip, massages, yoga, a cultural show and anything else you desire. When we had a mosquito problem he was quick to solve the problem and is eager to please.

Room Tip: The "miami" room was excellent and has a large balcony, however it is facing the street. I...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have been there for two nights on my one-month-india trip. For a very fair price I got a good, clean room with warm water.
The owner and his family have been very friendly and welcoming, recommending me further trips around Kotchi.
This homestay is one of the reasons why my favourite place in India after the whole trip is Kotchi - thank you for that and wish you good look and only the best for the starting main season 2011.

stefan, Austria

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We arrived at Honolulu Homestay on the reccomendation of a rickshaw driver - which is, of course, usually a very unwise thing to do in India so we were cautious at first. However we were absolutely delighted with the room and the family were lovely.

We had a very clean, bright room with semi-private balcony at the front of the house (by which I mean our room opened onto a very large balcony shared with perhaps one other room). We didn't have aircon but it stayed nice and cool. It was the cleanest place we stayed in India (we backpacked there for a month) and in fact probably the cleanest place I have ever stayed in Asia. It was also a lot cheaper than other hotels in the area!

Our bathroom was good, and all the windows had good mosquito screens. There was a computer with fast internet available to use at a reasonable price.

The family were kind enough to let us store takeaway food we bought in their fridge, and gave us plates and cutlery to eat it with. There was a dining table in the communal area which would be a great area to use to socialise if you made friends with the other guests (sadly we were the only guests at the time).

My friend was very ill whilst we were staying here (due to a bug she picked up in Goa) and we thanked our lucky stars that we had such a lovely place to stay whilst we were spending so long in the room.

We had breakfast one morning, which they kindly served at 7am so we could eat before an excursion! We booked an excursion through the homestay which was competitively priced.

The family were always around to help, but really this is just a hotel. Do not be put off because you'd rather stay in a hotel than a family home! However, it was very nice that it is family run, as the family were always friendly, happy, knew what they were doing and relaxed.

I wish the family the best of luck in running the homestay! They made our stay in Fort Cochin very enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed in this great little home stay in October 2010. The rooms were all very clean, the water was hot, the loaction was fine and Aboo and his lovely family were extrememly hospitable. We intented on only staying a couple of nights but considering how comfortable we felt the thought of heading out into India again was certainly not as appealing as staying in Fort Cochi with Aboo and family. They were fabulous cooks and even held a cooking lesson for us. Staying there was defintely a highlight and certainly relaxing. We loved getting into the groove of Fort Cochi, walking down to the fish nets and buying our fresh fish, taking it to the local restaurant and having them cook it up. Good memories! Stay here, you wont be disappointed!

Matt and Tracy.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

This guest house is a little south of the touristy area which means it's very quiet, rooms are exceptionally clean and newly renovated, good value. There is a common sitting area with dining table inside as well as a sitting area on the roof. Aboo the owner is a lovely, very knowledgeable man and his wife is a great cook (one night I asked for whatever they were having for dinner and was not disappointed). Cheap, local eateries very close by (restaurants further north are very expensive); walking distance to the local theatre and tourist attractions.

Would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Honolulu Home HomeStay? Share your experiences!