“Clear deterioration in service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Park Residency

Park Residency
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kochi (Cochin)
Park Residency
You added Park Residency to your Saves list
53B near Civil Station Kakkanad, Kochi (Cochin) 682030, India   |
Ranked #139 of 170 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Clear deterioration in service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I had stayed at Park Residency in December 2012 and I had liked the stay at that time, which is why I thought I'd stay here once again when the occasion came up (in Jan 2014). However, this time's experience was very different, and I doubt if I ever want to stay at this place again.

The Check-in was pleasant enough, but when I went in the room, I found strange gurgling noises coming from the toilet plumbing. The WC was making loud sounds all on its own. Despite the sound, it did work, so I didn't bother further about it.

I woke up feeling very warm at about 3:30 am and found that the airconditioning had been switched off (the blower was still working). I tried to sleep but it was too warm and finally called the Reception at 4 am. The person there was clearly asleep as I had to wait for a long time before he answered. His story was that there was nothing wrong, and that he could send across a maintenance man to check on the a/c. I didn't want a maintenance man in my room at 4 am, so I said forget it.

Of all the dubious things that hotels do, I consider the switching-off-a/c-late-at-night trick a particularly cheap one, and Park Residency was doing it and then pretending that everything was fine. Reminds me of 'The Way of the Weasel' by Scott Adams...

And then in the morning, the WC wouldn't drain...it was full of water that would gurgle with bubbles coming through, but the water would not flow down the plumbing. I complained again to the Reception and asked for a room change. The person (a different one) said that they were full, and that a room change wouldn't be possible.

After about 15 tense minutes, the WC began to empty itself, and things slowly went back to normal...except that I wanted to get out of the place as early as possible. At the Reception, there was a one chap valiantly trying to handle several guests, some checking in, others checking out...with the result there was a 15-minute delay to get out.

To be fair, the complimentary breakfast was decent. Also, the person at checkout time at the Reception needs to be appreciated, as he never lost his smile despite guests jostling and shouting guests around him.

In conclusion, this hotel seems to have cut costs to the severe deteriment of the quality of services. My sleep was disrupted significantly, and sleep is precious to me, which is why I will probably never stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Small drive from airport and close to my office location in Kakkanad make this hotel in kochi a nice option for me. Staff were courteous and professional. I found rooms not to spacious but were neat. Food was ok and could have been better. Nesds to improve on food quality and menu as it doesnt suits everybody especially north indians. A bit expensive for quantity and quality of food. Need to improve on washroom and their toiletries. I would say its a average option, with a little effort, it can be a good option.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bangalore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

smelly rooms trouble you a lot......staff is arrogant and doesn't care about your complaint....they should think of people from other states as well while serving breakfast....local food doesn't suit everybody....
regards with internet you have to log inn everyday with a code..which is annoying.....
definitely not staying again here

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chennai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

45mts from airport and 10 mts drive to business establishments make this hotel in kochi a nice option for business stays. Staff were very courteous and professional. Rooms were neat. Breakfast spread was ok and could have been better. Free internet is good but everyday code change/ registration process is a headache. Prices are slightly on the higher side for the quantity and quality of food. Soaps and shampoo were in very cheap packaging. Please don't forget to tear the breakfast coupon from the daily newspaper!

Room Tip: for double room, please check for queen size beds rather than two cots!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I recently stayed here at the advice of my friend in Kochi. When he mentioned this hotel I of course looked it up on trip advisor. Trip advisor had several bad reviews that scared me. But at the advice of my friend I went anyway. WOW were the other reviews wrong. We stayed for 6 days and everyone of them were great. The staff was VERY nice and helpful. Everything was clean. The public bathroom did need a repair but I informed the staff as I was leaving and I would have to believe that the repair is done. There was NO requests for advance deposits as others have stated. I would strongly recommend staying here and I think that the tripadvisor should ask the ones that are giving such bad reports for proof that they even stayed at this location. Sometimes people just want to be mean...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Very abusive staff. No professionalism. Local hooligans employed as hotel staff. Will irritate u to the core.. they are trying to mint money from u in every possible way.. they willl charge u for previous day . If we don't may they ll start abusing us and will not let us go . So kindly avoid this place .. put a word of caution to your friends and relatives too

• Stayed November 2012
Hyderabad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was in this hotel for more than 10 days more so because of the compulsion than anything else. The Hotel claims it is the best in the area. Offers you discounts which they seem to be great. They knew that i am a corporate customer and still insisted on asking for the deposit which seemed to be out of place as initial funding was done substantial.

Food and Room Service is grossly expensive. don't even want to term a little expensive. Money squeezers than anything else.

Food Not Great.
Bar Expensive to the tooth.
Rooms facing west have so much of noise disturbance that if you are stuck in this hotel for the weekend and want to sleep little longer than the frustration gets to you like crazy. And on the top of it the hotel staff who disturb just to check if you are checking out today?

Drapes are pathetic. not worth what the hotel charges you.

Light is penetrating into the eye from Six in the morning making it tough for people who burn the midnight oil in Office.

Only place that is dark is the bathroom when lights are turned off. Obviously one cannot sleep there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Park Residency? Share your experiences!