“Clean and friendly with a perfect location” 5 of 5 stars

You added Casa Mia Homestay to your Saves list
Casa Mia Homestay
XI/661 B Mckenzie Garden | Pattalam Road, Kochi (Cochin) 682001, India   |
Ranked #29 of 299 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
“Clean and friendly with a perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We, a family of four, spent three nights in Casa Mia and were very happy with our stay. The rooms are bright and spotlessly clean and the hot water and AC worked perfectly. Osha who runs Casa Mia is very warm, helpful and good company. The location is also very good. We warmly recommend Casa Mia Homestay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Take no notice of the bad reviews below. This is one of the nicest and cleanest places I've stayed anywhere. OK the room wasn't enormous, but it was adequate for the five nights we stayed.

Usha, Anthony and their two sons were the perfect hosts and nothing was too much trouble. Try to book in advance so you get a room with air conditioning because Cochin is very warm and humid. Also, try to get the front room with the balcony (we had a side room which was lovely). The only niggle was that the air con in our room blew at the bed and I had to have an extra layer so I didn't freeze at night (my wife had no problem). Also note that the price quoted excludes breakfast, but Usha will prepare what you like - chappatis and dal was great and so was the local speciality: a kind of steamed rice and coconut roll.

Our hosts arranged a visit to the Kathakali performance and a trip to the backwaters (a day trip is quite adequate: the local intelligence is that the overnight stay is a rip-off). They also arranged our taxi to Munnar.

Usha was extremely helpful with local information and we felt welcomed into their family as an honoured guest, but without ever being intrusive.

If we ever return to Cochin will definitely stay again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Usha was a friendly host and her kids were very cute. The house is big, clean and wi-fi enabled. However, the rooms get very stuffy (when the electricity goes out and the fan turns off, it is unbearably hot). Make sure you get a room with AC. The bathrooms are nice and clean but the house did have a very fishy smell.

When requesting breakfast we felt as though we were burdening her.

All in all, it was an okay experience but can find better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
KL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at Casa Mia homestay and both Usha and Anthony are a really nice host with thier two adorable kids. They try accomodate to our needs and their price is reasonable. We went and try an ayurveda that is being recommended by Usha.But the massage is TERRIBLE! The masseur did not massage but instead drap the oil to our body. And I am charged for the price of Rs800. Not only that, I was ushered to the bathroom which looks like some public toilet and I cannot believe the charges that has been imposed to us. The masseur gave me a small towel (pink) which looks like some rags for me to wipe my body. I am now back in my country of origin and I am scratching my body all over. It seems to develop some rashes in some parts of my body. Well, it is nice place to stay but please avoid the massage.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Shimla, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

we(couple) from Shimla, himachal pradesh............. stayed in casa mia homestay......its a nice place to stay......we again want to visit...homely environment...........usha and her husband are very generous person....they have two lovely kids....who never distrurb you.........you can have full privacy.........very neat and clean rooms..... affordable stay....location is good...all facilities available like....wi fi Internet....books to read...etc..it is very near to famous princess street and bishop house...........felt like ur own home.....lovely.............

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We (a family of 4) stayed for 2 nights at Casa Mia Home Stay from the 9th January 2013. Usha, Anthony and her 2 lovely kids welcomed us into their family while not being intrusive. Casa Mia is located in a quiet part of Fort Kochin where walking the streets is very pleasant. It is within walking distance to all the sights in Fort Kochin. The rooms were large, kept spotlessly clean and were very comfortable. Upstairs rooms have a common area and a balcony overlooking the street below. Usha was happy to cook us a kerala style dish and invited us into her kitchen to learn a few tips on Kerala style cooking. Great place to stay if you looking for a real home stay experience.
Overall a truly lovely experience and would like to thank this lovely family for their hospitality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed with Usha and Anthony and their two lovely sons at Casa Mia on one of the quiet, narrow and interesting Fort Kochi lanes. They took me into their family and I felt so at home, their hearts are large. Casa Mia is within walking distance of all the Fort Kochi sights; Vasco de Gama Square, the Chinese fishing nets, Chottanikkara Temple, Paradesi Synagogue, Mattancherry Palace, St Francis Church and Santa Cruz Basilica.....not to mention some of the finest restaurants in Kerala. Anthony booked me a one day backwaters boat trip (well worth the experience) and took me to the railway station to continue my journey. One night Usha and I went out walking dressed in our finest clothes, me in a red and green salwar kameez and Usha in a gorgeous cream silk salwar kameez with crimson embroidery. She took me to her favourite ice cream parlour and we sat amidst an exuberant group of other women and ate our colourful mix of ice cream, dribbled with red berry and chocolate sauces, piled on top of fruit salad. I enjoyed talking to this lovely family and spending time in one of the nicest homestays of my trip to India. It was spotlessly clean and my room was spacious and comfortable with the choice of a/c or a fan. Usha's food is beautiful and her chai was always a welcome treat. As a solo traveller I appreciated being able to meet other travellers in the communal living and dining area so there was often someone to spend time with when I felt like company. I heartily recommend this place!

Room Tip: I had a really quiet room downstairs at the back, good for sleeping. Some of the upstairs rooms have...